Title. I want to buy once. I would go for the Axe FX, but from the money I have, I also want to buy a guitar. How versatile is the tone? How well will it do from a shimmering clean setting to a more Periphery-ish sound. Discuss, thanks in advance.
Quote by adyhendrixc
Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but its sterile and I like the taste.
I haven't used one but I've seen a bunch of videos on youtube of it and I have seen people say good stuff about it on here. If you check on youtube you will be able to see that it is very versatile, And for its price range I'm almost sure its the best processor.
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
I've never used one, but DJ Ashba (guitarist for the current incarnation of GNR) swears by it. It's how he did the last Sixx: AM record.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Eklips
Title. I want to buy once. I would go for the Axe FX, but from the money I have, I also want to buy a guitar. How versatile is the tone? How well will it do from a shimmering clean setting to a more Periphery-ish sound. Discuss, thanks in advance.

for the price its the best is its class unless you grab a used AxeFx Ultra. The thing with the 11 rack was that it was also a pro tools interface. that was the main attraction of it, even tho it is a very good modelling amp. However now that if you get Pro Tools 9 or 10 you dont need a Pro tools interface it seems a little bit pointless. If i were you i'd save up more cash and get an AxeFx, it sounds better (IMO) and if you get the AxeFx 2 you wont need an interface just like with the 11 rack.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I say go with the axe fx. That thing is a monster. You could get one used on ebay for a decent price.
Axe standards go all day for 1000$ whoch is the price of a new 11r here

Ultras can be had for under 1500$ if you be patient

Imo id rather grab one of those

Then again im saving for an axe II now tho
I could go for an Axe FX standard SH, but I'll have no money for a 7 string awesome-sauce guitar
Quote by adyhendrixc
Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but its sterile and I like the taste.
I'm looking into modellers for a DI (not sure if you're bothered by this) and I think I'm going to settle for a POD HD Bean. I did look at the 11 Rack, but I think I prefer the POD. I've also looked into a few other alternatives like the Marshall JMP-1...

Not to mention the Axe FX units are commonly regarded as EXTREMELY overpriced compared to other models on the market, that are cheaper and capable of holding their own. Sure the Axe FX might be better in some aspects but I don't think its price is justified.

Have I helped or made things worse for you?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Pod HD is still a good option for much less. maybe the HD pro rack unit?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
Pod HD is still a good option for much less. maybe the HD pro rack unit?
Well that depends on what TS wants it for but I'd advise either the HD500, HD Bean or HD Pro depending on the application.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Well that depends on what TS wants it for but I'd advise either the HD500, HD Bean or HD Pro depending on the application.

well i mean im geared toward recommending the rack unit because he was looking at rack units anyway (axe fx, 11 rack.)

only seemed fitting
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
well i mean im geared toward recommending the rack unit because he was looking at rack units anyway (axe fx, 11 rack.)

only seemed fitting
That's true, and if the cost isn't much of an issue then it's the best in terms of features unless you want an expression pedal, in which case a FBV footboard can be purchased.

On the other hand, less money on the POD would leave more money for your awesome-sauce 7-string...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
That's true, and if the cost isn't much of an issue then it's the best in terms of features unless you want an expression pedal, in which case a FBV footboard can be purchased.

On the other hand, less money on the POD would leave more money for your awesome-sauce 7-string...

exactly. and honestly i think the Pod HD has a bigger consumer base leading to a ton more patches u can find online and its pretty much proven itself umong the community.

OP if i were u, i would shoot for Pod HD Pro and a dayum nice 7- stringer, what did u have in mind btw?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED