Poll: What age do you start eating healthy?
Poll Options
View poll results: What age do you start eating healthy?
Teen years
37 28%
20s
43 33%
30s
5 4%
40s
2 2%
50+
0 0%
I've eaten healthy since birth :angel:
7 5%
I will die eating Oreo's (or your other favorite snack) :devil:
37 28%
Voters: 131.
Page 1 of 2
At what age do you consider eating healthier? Most of us here are either teens or early 20's and we probably don't really think to eat healthy at this point in our life. And I mean healthy as in always selectively eating or not eating certain foods. Like when you go to a restaurant you completely stay away from certain meats and other fatty foods. When you buy things at the store you actively check the food labels for any harmful shit. Even going on a diet of only certain kinds of food.

Right now, I'm in pretty good shape, but it's not like I'm going to start eating only healthy foods so that I can run a mile without passing out. I eat relatively healthy, but I'm still going to go for that burger or that extra desert, so I don't consider myself a healthy eater. I feel like most people will only start eating healthy once they get old and really have health problems that come from eating poorly. Or maybe you are very worried about the future health problems that all these Oreo s will cause, so you start at a young age eating healthy.

So, what age do you think you'll start actively staying away from bad foods, and gravitate toward the pomegranate juice and carrots (if you haven't already)?

Poll incoming.
Screw that. Imma die fat, happy and with multiple narrowed arteries.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Started when I started taking football and weight lifting more seriously.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I've always eaten healthily, a good upbringing definitely helps. I'm also encouraged by the fact that it means I have to do less exercise. I hate exercise.

Also, unhealthy food is basically this:

Processed meat

Fast food

Tasteless chicken

This

Frozen food
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Mar 15, 2012,
well, i can no longer eat most frozen dinners. causes me to piss out my ass.

so, that's a start.
i always have eaten relatively healthy. nothing wrong with having the occasional delicious fatty meal tho. people who do otherwise are missing out tbh
i have a fast metabolism and exersise regularly
in fact i had the problem of being underweight befor ei found out i had a fast metabolism
had other problems too but that was the main reason
I have a high metabolism so I stay pretty fit regardless of what I eat. Plus my mom tries to keep the junk food in moderation. So I guess I eat pretty healthy.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Used to eat healthy food, since I've started my studies there's no way I can afford eating properly all the time.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I've been trying to put myself on a healthy diet, but haven't been doing too good
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i always have eaten relatively healthy. nothing wrong with having the occasional delicious fatty meal tho. people who do otherwise are missing out tbh

This.

I guess my rule is "everything in moderation."
I just ate ribs and pork fried rice, ordered from a Chinese restaurant with numerous health code violations on its record.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I play on the school football team (soccer for you Americans) and I eat lots of crappy foods and I'm still fine, I burn all of the calories and it helps that my metabloism is fast acting.
The thing that does affect me is smoking... I smoke around 6-8 a day, down from around 15-20 a day 6 months ago and I am 17 if that tells you anything.
Cutting down on smoking has helped my stamina more than anything but I'm sure if I stopped and ate healthily I would be in even better condition...
first, crimsonbizzare, that burger looks amazing

im on a strict diet, only meat, vegetables, and legumes 6 days a week with a carb/sugar load on saturdays

works good
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
first, crimsonbizzare, that burger looks amazing

im on a strict diet, only meat, vegetables, and legumes 6 days a week with a carb/sugar load on saturdays

works good

To each their own, I guess.
25, been trying to lose weight and eat less processed foods. I worked at UPS and that was my daily workout and when I quit I gained 20+ lbs which has been a lot tougher to work off than it was to put on.

Noticed a lot of things got better with less processed foods...

Note: If you have a trampoline place near you, the trampoline workout/aerobics class is a ridiculous...
Quote by ProgFripp74
I play on the school football team (soccer for you Americans) and I eat lots of crappy foods and I'm still fine, I burn all of the calories and it helps that my metabloism is fast acting.
The thing that does affect me is smoking... I smoke around 6-8 a day, down from around 15-20 a day 6 months ago and I am 17 if that tells you anything.
Cutting down on smoking has helped my stamina more than anything but I'm sure if I stopped and ate healthily I would be in even better condition...

I'm the same way. I have a fast metabolism and no matter how much I eat, I never gain an ounce. Plus I work out on a regular basis. Recently I've been eating pretty badly though. I need to get back to my normal routine. I also smoke and need to quit. I've tried numerous times, to no avail. I'm down to my last cigarette though, so hopefully it'll be the last one I'll ever smoke.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
Im starting to try and eat healthier now, im 18. Although its more because I was diagnosed with diabetes last year and since starting on insulin ive gone back up to about 16 stone. Before I was diagnosed it had caused me to lose about 2 or 3 stone. I liked being less fat lol
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I avoid eating a lot of foods, but I'm not in good shape due to some overeating and zero exercise
My dad had heart problems from eating poorly (arterial blockage of 99% by the time he was admitted to the hospital), plus my mom quit smoking and started eating better as well. We eat pretty well around the house. My mom likes to cook so we get to eat a lot of good stuff when she's not working.
I have a shitty body, I don't eat much but I'm pretty big, about 240/250, so I've been wanting to lose weight so I'm doing the no soda/snacks/bad stuff Sunday-Friday and I can eat whatever Saturday. I'm trying to get exercising but I'm incredibly lazy
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Vegetarian.
Eat 6 or so small "meals" a day.
Been doing that for about 5 years.
Although still eat the occasional frozen pizza or something.
Quite a wide poll there... in my 20s. I'm 25 now and I've been eating well for the last few years. These days I don't eat any fast food at all, no processed meat, candy, barely any cookies, etc. I just don't like the taste of it anymore.

Quote by supersac
i have a fast metabolism and exersise regularly
in fact i had the problem of being underweight befor ei found out i had a fast metabolism
had other problems too but that was the main reason

No such thing. Eat more.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
No such thing. Eat more.

how else would i be unable to gain even 10 lbs? no matter how much i eat, i never gain weight and i am the farthest thing from being physically active. my doctor assumed recently that i've been exercising and eating healthy because i'm skinny.

TELL ME WHY I CAN'T GAIN WEIGHT! i want my pants to fit without a belt!

maybe i've got a tapeworm...
Quote by jakesmellspoo
how else would i be unable to gain even 10 lbs? no matter how much i eat, i never gain weight and i am the farthest thing from being physically active. my doctor assumed recently that i've been exercising and eating healthy because i'm skinny.

Eat. More.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Do you do floaty jobbies?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Late teens.

I still eat unhealthy sometimes though because life wouldn't be as fun without such pleasures.

Also i'm skinny and have a killer metabolism so I can eat whatever and still be sexy.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by jakesmellspoo

I'm like that, but if you really work at it, you can gain weight. I started lifting weights last semester and in about 2 months I gained 10 pounds and there was noticeable difference with my body. Workout and eat A TON. It will happen.

No such thing. Eat more.

Obviously you can have a fast metabolism. But I think skinny people throw around that word too often.
Quote by chev311e
I'm like that, but if you really work at it, you can gain weight. I started lifting weights last semester and in about 2 months I gained 10 pounds and there was noticeable difference with my body. Workout and eat A TON. It will happen.

Obviously you can have a fast metabolism. But I think skinny people throw around that word too often.

If you had a fast metabolism, you'd be fat, not skinny.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
If you had a fast metabolism, you'd be fat, not skinny.

What? No.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Could be this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_adipose_tissue
Quote by chev311e
What? No.

Yes, because your body would end up storing fat before it could be used.
But it's irrelevant, since 'fast metabolism' is in fact a phrase used by people who can't even spell biochemistry, let alone understand it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I get to vote "teen" because I'm still 19 for another 6 months, makes me look better than I am, despite the fact that I've literally just started. I used to have a McDonald's far too often, mainly out of ease and habit, me and my ex girlfriend used to go proper loads as well, so since she's out of the picture now, I've started exercising again and eating slightly better with an emphasis on protein. I feel a lot better for it, too, I've been sleeping a lot better, which is great, but won't last, since I work in a bar at the weekend, awful hours.

.../blog
I lift heavy things so I need to eat well to repair.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes, because your body would end up storing fat before it could be used.
But it's irrelevant, since 'fast metabolism' is in fact a phrase used by people who can't even spell biochemistry, let alone understand it.

Metabolism breaks down the food in your body. It's true that you can be fat without having a slow metabolism, but most of the time, fat people will end up having a slow metabolism. Likewise, most skinny people will have a fast metabolism, but there are other reasons for it.
Quote by chev311e
Metabolism breaks down the food in your body. It's true that you can be fat without having a slow metabolism, but most of the time, fat people will end up having a slow metabolism. Likewise, most skinny people will have a fast metabolism, but there are other reasons for it.
Congratualtions, you don't know what metabolism is.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 2