#1
I've searched all over google, can't find any on ebay either. the cable mysteriously stopped working after it shocked me when i touched the tip that goes into the amp. now when i try to plug my amp into my comp, it doesn't register. does anyone know where i can get a new one?
#4
I know this of no help LOL but on the Mustang I, you have that software that comes with it. Can that be used like Amplitube or Guitar Rig--Can you play your guitar through it and add virtual pedals and shit?
#5
Just go to a Walmart store and get one of there printer usb cable there like $10.00 - $20.00 depends on how long of one you want.
#6
Quote by ehhthatguy
I've searched all over google, can't find any on ebay either. the cable mysteriously stopped working after it shocked me when i touched the tip that goes into the amp. now when i try to plug my amp into my comp, it doesn't register. does anyone know where i can get a new one?



Ummm, static electricity doesn't destroy cables, it does however have a tendancy to destroy certain types of chips. Now sit for the next part.... Your cable is just fine. Your amp on the other hand may have damage to a chip needed for the USB to work. Sorry.
#7
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Ummm, static electricity doesn't destroy cables, it does however have a tendancy to destroy certain types of chips. Now sit for the next part.... Your cable is just fine. Your amp on the other hand may have damage to a chip needed for the USB to work. Sorry.



Sad to say but that's the most likely issue.
#8
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Ummm, static electricity doesn't destroy cables, it does however have a tendancy to destroy certain types of chips. Now sit for the next part.... Your cable is just fine. Your amp on the other hand may have damage to a chip needed for the USB to work. Sorry.


The problem was the cable, i got it replaced and now it works fine. this new cable doesn't shock me. fender just supplied me with a cheap cable.
#10
my chip or whatever jst got fried
how do i fix it
and if i cant then can i activate the warranty?
#11
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Ummm, static electricity doesn't destroy cables, it does however have a tendancy to destroy certain types of chips. Now sit for the next part.... Your cable is just fine. Your amp on the other hand may have damage to a chip needed for the USB to work. Sorry.
Since he was shocked touching the tip that went into the amp I was guessing that he blew the USB port on his PC. I'm wondering if when he changed the cable he also plugged it into a different USB port. The cable going bad doesn't register on my probable cause meter.
#12
Read the whole thread, the problem originally posted by the TS has already been fixed over a month ago. yomidude, if you have a problem with yours, please start a new thread asking for help with the issue. They don't really like it when people try to raise threads from the dead. Unless of course you can also walk on water.