So I have been playing acoustic guitar for about 10 years, but I am fairly new to the electric guitar world. I just have a standard Gibson Les Paul studio to jam around on, and i like the feel of it. But I decided I wanted to put some new pick ups in to get a little heavier sound out of it. I play mainly rock/hardcore/pop rock (kind of a different combo.)
So I am needing some suggestions of a good versatile, heavy sounding pick ups. Any suggestion or comments would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

-Luke
Depends on the price, if you're willing to send a lot, I'd check out Bare Knuckle pick-ups, they have really helpful customer support and will send you a pick-up suggestion if you tell them what styles you're after. However they are expensive, but you're paying for the best (or close to it)
Quote by Minimallamb
Depends on the price, if you're willing to send a lot, I'd check out Bare Knuckle pick-ups, they have really helpful customer support and will send you a pick-up suggestion if you tell them what styles you're after. However they are expensive, but you're paying for the best (or close to it)

Quick question hombre. Do you own a set?

TS: What cho amp is?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Unfortuanely, not yet, but soon (: My girlfriends stepdad has a set of Brown Sugar Tele pickups and I've got a friend with Aftermath humbuckers and I was blown away by the sound, especially he aftermaths, imagine active humbuckers but with much less compression and a bit more personality
DuNord, as said above, it will be easier to give you pickup recommendations if you let us know a few things:

1. What amp are you currently playing through?
2. What sound do you want to get?
3. What is your price range?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Minimallamb
Unfortuanely, not yet, but soon (: My girlfriends stepdad has a set of Brown Sugar Tele pickups and I've got a friend with Aftermath humbuckers and I was blown away by the sound, especially he aftermaths, imagine active humbuckers but with much less compression and a bit more personality

Just making sure you had at least some experience with them. Far too many people drink the koolaid before they know wtf they're talking about

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I appreciate it. As of right now i am using a Orange 35LDX as a small practice amp. I will be upgrading within a couple months to a larger orange... I will most likely get 2 Orange PPC112 with a nice amp head. As far as styles of play go i would say a mixture of Pop rock, punk rock, and hardcore. Price range, I am kind of open to be honest. I don't want to spend a TON of money, but I plan on slowly building this guitar up. I could always save for the more expensive pick ups if need be.

I am also open to amp suggestions if you guys have any. I only chose orange due to some of my favorite bands and friends using them. To me they sound great, but if you guys like any other brands, I would love to check them out also.
Last edited by DuNord at Mar 15, 2012,