Hello, I'm on the search for a tube amp and I've come across a B-52 AT100 for $240 USD. It is used at Guitar Center and I plan to trade in an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top, Ibanez RG120, and my currient head (see sig). Plus I have $100 USD to spend on top of that. Do you think all this will cover the cost knowing GC rips you off and do you think it would be worth the money?

Guitar: Modded Telecaster (sig) & LTD M-100FM
Cabinet: See sig
Style: Queen, Alice in Chains, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin etc.
Quote by Myaccount876
Hello, I'm on the search for a tube amp and I've come across a B-52 AT100 for $240 USD. It is used at Guitar Center and I plan to trade in an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top, Ibanez RG120, and my currient head (see sig). Plus I have $100 USD to spend on top of that. Do you think all this will cover the cost knowing GC rips you off and do you think it would be worth the money?

Guitar: Modded Telecaster (sig) & LTD M-100FM
Cabinet: See sig
Style: Queen, Alice in Chains, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin etc.

Ask them how much they can do for each and do the math yourself. All it takes is a phone call. However, personally I'd sell all the stuff individually on craigslist or ebay or something. You'll get A LOT more money for each item, however it will take you a lot longer to sell it all.

As for it being worth the money, the short answer is kinda? Money wise? Yes. Tone wise? That depends. The amp does a great metal/hard rock sound, but can have trouble with lighter tones (i.e. Zeppelin and Queen). Go try it out at GC and see if you like it.
yea of your trading in gear at a store, u have to remember they haven no choice but to screw you because they have to re-sell it at the used market value of the item. say your guitar goes for $300 used, theyll buy it for $150 to sell it somewhere around $300.

so yea try to sell it yourself and maybe then go for it
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I don't think it'd be too bad trading it in at GC. I don't really use either and for what I'm getting, I think it is a fair trade. Hard Rock/Metal is great, lighter stuff I usually buff up with gain and mids anyways. I just kind of need to get rid of my Epi and Ibby, and won't have a use for my head once I get this. I might even have some money left over for all I know.
You should be able to get at least $200 or more on the epiphone on craigslist, that should be enough to cover the amp head...ill never even consider selling to Guitar Center.
GC uses average eBay prices for buying used gear. They give you 60% and sell it for the full eBay price.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by thesexiestofall
You should be able to get at least $200 or more on the epiphone on craigslist, that should be enough to cover the amp head...ill never even consider selling to Guitar Center.

Eh, too lazy to use craigslist/ebay. I'll see if I can negotiate on price, free stuff etc.
I would see if they will give you 150 for the head. Then you'll pretty much have enough money for the new head. Then go sell the guitars on craigslist, which you can do patiently after you already have the B-52
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣