...is there any way I can recover old versions of the file, by any chance?

Basically I'd written a song in Guitar Pro, and needed to export a couple of the parts as MIDI. So I deleted all the bits that I didn't want to export, but then accidentally hit save. So now I have a file with the file name I want, but half of the data isn't there anymore... Can I get it back, somehow? Maybe a backup file directory I don't know exists, or something?
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Time Machine lets you 'turn back the clock' on your computer.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
if you use time machine you should be able to get the old version back through that. If you don't then you're ****ed.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
if you use time machine you should be able to get the old version back through that. If you don't then you're ****ed.

I don't...
Quote by Andron17

The only thing you can do now is hit cmd+z and hope it can undo up till the original state.

PS, set up Time Machine.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
With it being Guitar Pro undo only goes back about 3 steps, which restores basically nothing. Bugger.

I think I will get Time Machine set up now...
Quote by Andron17

Guess I'm screwed then. I thought I probably would be but it was worth asking. Thanks for your comments, guys
Quote by Andron17