So i am looking for something like the POD x3, but they don't make them anymore and i couldn't find any for sale on eBay, so i was wondering, what is the new equivalent to the X3?
alright, i read somewhere that, that wasn't as good as the X3? something like the X3 had more features or better sounds, or something like that. I guess, would i be better off searching for a X3 or is that HD just as good?
The HD is better far as I'm concerned, models sound much more authentic to me. It just doesn't have as many models yet because there haven't been many patches. It'll catch up to what the X3 had soon.
i have a friend who owns a x3,he said the same thing he messed around with a hd500 for 2 hours and decided that he'd stick with the X3
apparently hd has a loose bottom end
x3»»hd for djent
hd»»x3 for cleans
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Last edited by deepsal at Mar 16, 2012,
Quote by deepsal
i have a friend who owns a x3,he said the same thing he messed around with a hd500 for 2 hours and decided that he'd stick with the X3
apparently hd has a loose bottom end
x3»»hd for djent
hd»»x3 for cleans
That could be related to the input impedance issues the HD series had when they were first released (I believe this was fixed in a patch update), not to mention they have made updates to the models as well (I think). From what I heard, the HD surpasses the X3 in sound quality but the X3 wins in terms of number of effects/options etc...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I just sold my X3 yesterday. I liked it because of all the options and what you could do with it. But I prefer the tones from my Boss GT-Pro (a rack mount, which means less floor clutter). For rock/metal tones cutting through the mix, I liked by X3 and certainly my Boss rack-mount, but for more 'liveliness' I typically stick to my analog pedals (e.g., Analog Alien's FuzzBubble).

Getting back on track, do look for a used Boss GT-Pro... very high end effects unit, although it may not be to AXE FX standards (which is more than twice the price anyway). And what I like about the Boss unit is that you download software that gives you a pedal picture interface on your computer, that then controls the rack mount unit. I suspect the Line 6 stuff did or does that, but I never bothered with it with the X3 since it had a window interface.