Hey Guys,

I'm wanting to upgrade to a tube combo amp from my Jordin PGA-10T. I play all styles of music, but mainly classic rock such as Clapton, GNR, Beatles, etc. I'm going to be using it for an at home and gigging. I live on the Gold Coast and I won't be able to get any amps shipped from overseas. Preferably a new amp up to about $750 and need to be quite versatile.

I'll be using an Ibanez SA-260FM or Lyon By Washburn 2007 Paul Stanley (if I'm really desperate) and a Behrenger V-Amp 1 with it.

Cheers,
Lachlan

----------------------------------
Ibanez SA-260FM
Lyon By Washburn 2007 Paul Stanley Limited Edition
Legend LERB400TSB
Livingstone: Acoustic
Behrenger: V-Amp 1
Jordin: PGA-10T
Legend: LE20B
Look into Orange, great and versatile, kind of on the expensive side but look around on kijiji you could find some good deals
just give me a fender and let me rip
look for a used vox ac30, or even old fenders. you can get them used for around that price
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by gerraguitar
look for a used vox ac30, or even old fenders. you can get them used for around that price

Yeah, I've just decided on a Vox AC30VR and it's great.

Thanks for your help everyone

Cheers,
Lachlan
Quote by LachlanFord
Yeah, I've just decided on a Vox AC30VR and it's great.

Thanks for your help everyone

Cheers,
Lachlan

Just so you know, the AC30VR isn't a tube amp. It has a single tube somewhere in the amp, but it isn't necessarily doing much for you.
If you want to buy new and all tube, Laney VC30 is in your price range and maybe check out the LC30 too. I bought one about two weeks ago and it's great. I think it fits classic rock very well. All tube is the way to go and I realized it when I bought the Laney. It just sounds so much better than any of the solid states/digital amps I have tried. Solid states just sound boring to me now.

Did you buy the Vox yet? Because if you want Vox, you could try the AC15 (all tube version, not the VR, I think it's called AC15C1 or something). I think it's in your price range.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Peavey has some nice versatile amps in that range. Fender too!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I've already bought the Vox, and it's a really nice amp. I knew it wasn't all tube, but it was only $400 new from Gallins Musicians Pro Shop. I think it was worth the money I paid. Great tone out of it and plenty versatile. I went from a bluesy crunch to a metal distortion with the push of a button, and plenty loud enough for at home practice.

Cheers,
Lachlan

------------------------------------------
Ibanez SA-260FM
Lyon By Washburn 2007 Paul Stanley Limited Edition
Livingstone Semi-Acoustic
Legend LERB400TSB
Vox AC30VR
Jordin PGA-10T
Legend LE20B
Behrenger V-Amp 1
The Ashton I posted was too far away? That was only $400 too and is a real valve amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by LachlanFord
I've already bought the Vox, and it's a really nice amp. I knew it wasn't all tube, but it was only $400 new from Gallins Musicians Pro Shop. I think it was worth the money I paid. Great tone out of it and plenty versatile. I went from a bluesy crunch to a metal distortion with the push of a button, and plenty loud enough for at home practice.

Cheers,
Lachlan

If you like it, then you like it. If it feels right for you then it's good for you. As long as it sounds good, it doesn't matter if it is tube or solid state. So happy new amp day.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115