So, just a quick question..

When I play my guitar for more than 5 or so minutes, my hands feel extremely ****ing filthy; even after washing them before playing. I tried wiping the neck down, and what not; but it doesn't seem to help. What would be the proper thing to do to make this filth go away?
He might need to adjust your meds. Just kidding, I used to play in a band with a guy that always washed his hands before playing and after playing, and would always clean his neck.
"it gets filthy with skin particles and stuff..." he would say. Me personally I can sometimes smell the metallic smell of the strings a little on my hands after playing for a while, like a gig, and I actually like it.
@ pushing through I know exactly what you mean,
I would say change you stills or go all out and use fret board cleaner and new strings
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Um, stop sexing your guitar?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I used to play in a band with a guy that always washed his hands before playing and after playing.
Obviously there is some junk on your fretboard. So the solution is to clean it using a damp cloth and some mild soap.

But make sure that it is completely dry before you plug it in or you could end up getting zapped.

ron666
Clean lacquer finish and fingerboard with some lighter fluid (naphta) on cloth. But don't put it on the guitar itself - just on the cloth!
Try new strings? Also if it's a rosewood board scrape off the gunk and use some lemon oil to clean it next time you restring. It may just be the way your fingers sweat or something
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
Try new strings? Also if it's a rosewood board scrape off the gunk and use some lemon oil to clean it next time you restring. It may just be the way your fingers sweat or something

Just to add to the Lemon Oil part - don't soak your fretboard in it, few dabs here and there, wipe it in and wipe all the excess off. If you leave some on the fretboard - you're back in sticky finger town again.