Hi does anybody know of a 24 fret semi-hollow body guitar? And does going from the 22nd fret to 24th lose some tone from the neck pickup? Thank you.
Yes, the tone for the neck pickup will be slightly different on a 24 fret guitar vs a 22 fret guitar. This is because the neck pickup needs to be moved closer to the bridge in order to accommodate the extra 2 frets.
TS, I couldn't find one. Sorry, but looks like the vast majority are 22 fret...

Why is 24 on a semi hollow nessiasry?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
What type of music do you play? What is your budget? We're just going to be pissing in the wind until you tell us those
Quote by zl1288
What type of music do you play? What is your budget? We're just going to be pissing in the wind until you tell us those

I don't think the type of music or budget makes a difference on whether or not there are any 24 fret semi hollows out there now does it? Or does he really just need a new amp? Smh

Ts, I don't know of any. Usually only super strats have 24 frets. Semi hollow is sort of on the opposite side of that 'target audience' if you will.
^I mean, quick google search for 24 fret semi hollowbody turns up a few, A Rickenbacker 360 for example. But that might be out of his price range/not right for his style of music. If ts can answer those questions, I can at least attempt to help him
He wasn't asking for a recommendation. Just a factual answer. Agree 100% that google is amazing and some people can't grasp the fact (ts! Lol)
I have an old Ovation Tornado, part of the Ovation Storm series. Most of the guitars in that series were 24 fret hollow bodies.
Quote by treysonpwaters
He wasn't asking for a recommendation. Just a factual answer. Agree 100% that google is amazing and some people can't grasp the fact (ts! Lol)

I see that now after reading the OP again.

Few more semi hollows I found:
PRS Dweezil Zappa sig
Carvin SH60/65
Rickenbacker 330
And fwiw....I played on a 24 fretter only, for about 6 years, now all my other guitars are 22 or 21 and personally don't ever notice. I seldomly need to go that high and there are other ways to get there anyways. It's only two extra notes ( it may change some shapes or phrasing, but except 23,24 on the high e, all the other additional notes you get are duplicates). I wouldn't let that turn you off from getting a guitar you otherwise would love. Il know some people love/need 24, just throwing my perspective/experience out there.
Quote by theguitar5555
Hi does anybody know of a 24 fret semi-hollow body guitar? And does going from the 22nd fret to 24th lose some tone from the neck pickup? Thank you.

yes and yes.

you're welcome.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
As I recall Jon Kammerer guitars are all 24 fret, and he makes acoustics as well as solidbody, semi-hollow, and hollowbody electrics.

(I have 5 and love 'em all.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by cemges
There are even 20 fret hollow bodies just to get better tone.

A warmer tone is not necessarily a better tone. I certainly wouldn't want a 20 fret guitar.

Scale length plays a large part as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks for the replies. Would you guys recommend a semi-hollow for shred. I love the look of them.
no...due to the gain levels generally required to attain that "shred" tone..and the neck shapes are generally not suited to shred..

Try it, and if you like it, go for it...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Mar 16, 2012,
My dg335 build has a 24 fret neck and I have to sayive never noticed anything that different tone wise, I don't think I've ever used the top frets either but it only has that neck because it was a few bits bought off a friend of my dads
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius