hi, i play through a stratocaster with seymour duncan ssl-1's, through a wh-10 wah, vox wah, mxr micro amp, ds-2, big muff pi, boss ce-5, holy grail. the through a vox at the moment. I play mostly funk/psychedelic rock. inspired mostly by hendrix and john frusciante formerly of the red hot chili peppers.
the amp is 550 for the dsl100 head and jcm900 1960A cab. its good on value but will I retain the punch i need for funk?
any help appreciated cheers.
No experience playing funk music, but they're great all-round amps. I'd go for it.
Hey man, I own a 50 watt DSL head, and I can assure you that you will NEVER find a more versatile amp. You name a genre, this thing will deploy literally any tone you could dream up. You can dial in tones reminiscent of those found in Plexi's, or you can really rip the "ultra" channel, and get the sweetest distortion that will ever grace your ears. As for funk, I'd recommend taking the "classic" channel, engaging the "crunch" stage, and adding gain to taste. That'll yield a really sweet Jimi-like clean at lower gain levels, and breaks up incredibly when cranked. I too use a Strat, with Dimarzios stacked humbuckers, and instead of a 1960, i use two 2x12's That should be too much of a difference, so I'd strongly recommend buying this monster. You won't regret it, and if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me back. Best of luck, my friend.
I played one a few years back and got a good Frusciante tone with it.
550 of what currency? And is that for the head and cab or just the head? As far as I can see, in any currency that's a very good price for just the head alone.

Although it is one of the better recent marshalls, it's not gonna be exactly like the jubilees/majors/plexis Froosh and Hendrix use/used, but especially if you can get the volume up a little you should be able to get what you want from it.
Quote by rickyh93
Hey man, I own a 50 watt DSL head, and I can assure you that you will NEVER find a more versatile amp.

Laney VH100R
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
If that is 550 usd then I'd feel bad for robbing the seller blind. That is an incredible deal.
Quote by calvindinverno
hi, i play through a stratocaster with seymour duncan ssl-1's, through a wh-10 wah, vox wah, mxr micro amp, ds-2, big muff pi, boss ce-5, holy grail. the through a vox at the moment. I play mostly funk/psychedelic rock. inspired mostly by hendrix and john frusciante formerly of the red hot chili peppers.
the amp is 550 for the dsl100 head and jcm900 1960A cab. its good on value but will I retain the punch i need for funk?
any help appreciated cheers.

$550 for both? go for it. The cabs usually go second hand for $350-400. You could even sell both separately afterward for profit towards a nice amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals