I have a gig next week and I want to use my Royal Atlantic live for the first time but I do not have a cab on my own yet. I can borrow a fender 2x15 bassman from a friend, I think thats what I'm going to do. Any thoughts?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
it's kinda overkill, is it the worst thing you could do no, but how big is the venue? if it's not a huge place you are gonna just fill that room up and it's gonna get real muddy on the lows, if you're playing with a lot of gain it's just gonna swallow everything including your own tone. but hey try it, see what happens...
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
It's a pretty big venue actually, I'll be using the whole 100w

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
well it will still be a bitch to work with, have you plugged into it yet? i would definitely try it before hand, it will not be an easy gig but you'll get by, and it's better than micing up the unplugged guitar.....
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
You'll be fine. Just match ohms and make sure it can cover your wattage.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
This monday I'll be able to bring my amp to practice with my band and the cab, I'll see how it behaves. I won't play with a lot a distortion though, is latin music so I I'll be using clean, clipped clean and vintage overdrive at most, just a small extra push on solos.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
It should be fine. The only concern is the bass getting a little out of hand. Just be aware of your bass settings. Also, if you could lift the cab off the ground a little that would probably do the trick
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
It should be fine. The only concern is the bass getting a little out of hand. Just be aware of your bass settings. Also, if you could lift the cab off the ground a little that would probably do the trick

Like using some blocks?

I'll see how it works since my amp has some big low end.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Mar 16, 2012,
Any others?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
It's really not worth worrying about. The only time it'd get too flubby is if you had a bunch of gain and were expecting a tight sound out of it--what you're describing doesn't seem like an issue at all.

15s are a ton of fun...they're not for everybody, but almost anyone should try it once or twice. Just use your ears and adjust to taste.
nah 15s can actually sound really good. it all depends on what your trying to play and with what gear of course but yeah your going to have a big ol boomy sound.

ive heard of people running stereo between 10/12s and a 1x15 cab. ive never heard if running a 2x15. but try it out. that cab must be crazy heavy.

if its all one combo your going to hate yourself for lugging that around.
I will tolerate heavy stuff as long as I like how it sounds, still have to try this to make a judgement though. I'll let you know how it went.

Thanks everyone.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
2x15..... wow. That's some serious thump. I liked running my amp through a 15 IN ADDITION to the 4x12 I had, because with the 15 alone the higher register started to fade away. I would think that it sounds HUGE but definitely keep the mids and treble up. I used mine for deathcore style stuff, so I just wanted to sound as big as badass as possible, but I would never use that setup for any of my prog or pop/punk stuff. Hope it works out for you.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
You can't turn up louder than the drummer unless he's miked up and in which case so will you so you will still be able to hit the sweet spot. The size of the venue is totally irrelevant. You will probably have to cut back on the bass on the amp's EQ but you should be fine. Just dial it in and roll.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Great! I'm a bit more confident on this since I guess you are more experienced on this.
Thank you, I really appreciate it guys.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Well, I tried it yesterday and it sounded pretty good actually. Muddy lows? Not at all! The amp feels with a lot of power and three dimensional, a real "alive" like sound. Who knows! Maybe I'll buy me one of these 2x15 cabs soon (I want my 2x12 with webers anyway). Thank's again.

I'll report back how it went on gig.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich