today I went and got my hair cut and I went to the guy I always go to. He's this cool 77 year old mexican dude named Al who plays guitar. His son cuts hair with him too. Anyhow, I've known for a while that he plays but up until recently I didn't play acoustic. So this time I asked him about it and he plays me this really sick finger picked Chet Atkins song and then hands me the guitar. I decided what the hell and I played him one of my songs. I was happy that Al's son was tapping his foot along while I was playing and singing, and afterward when I had to leave Al's old retired buddy thanked me for he music. It was pretty cool, but honestly my strangest performance. I haven't been playing for people nearly six months though so I'm sure you guys have weirder. Elaborate.
My existence was the weirdest performance.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 16, 2012,
strip club

edit: damn

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
last week after a small acoustic gig and i was at the park just playing guitar and these drunk bros come over asking me to play thm music
i did and for everysong i played they payed me with drinks
by the time the bros left i have 3 smirnoffs 2 buds and cup full of vodka

i drank it and had a good time on my own for the rest of the night
Ive had two girls randomly call me on the phone and demand I sing for them.

I didnt get any afterwards though...
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Degitech BP-80
MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz
Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3
DOD FX91 OD
Traynor Dynabass 200
Quote by supersac
last week after a small acoustic gig and i was at the park just playing guitar and these drunk bros come over asking me to play thm music
i did and for everysong i played they payed me with drinks
by the time the bros left i have 3 smirnoffs 2 buds and cup full of vodka

i drank it and had a good time on my own for the rest of the night

That's great.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I street perform so I've had some pretty crazy things happen. For example: having a (homeless?) guy jump in on harmony vocals while I was playing Hotel California, having 30 Korean tourists crowd around me for a group photo in the middle of a song (I kept playing, like a bawss), and playing in front of a few minor celebrities (Tom and Ray from Car Talk, one of my favorite composers, and according to one of my friends, Chris Martin from Coldplay - I hope not since I had a painful miscue on a cover of Viva La Vida that afternoon).
I'm in a small local band that's only played four shows so far, but the house show we played was by far the weirdest. First of all, we were the first band to show up, and then three of the bands that were originally supposed to play dropped off on like the day of the show, and then a random three piece punk band showed up out of nowhere to replace one of them, and then none of the bands wanted to play last so my band played paper rock scissors with this grindcore band called Priapus in order to determine who would close and we ended up winning.

So the show started like two hours behind schedule and the opening act was a member of one of the bands who had dropped off on the day of the show, but apparently nobody told him they weren't playing until he showed up for the gig. So he said he was going to open with a solo art-performance set. Which I was intrigued by until he started and I found out what that meant was that he was going to strip down to his boxers, put on a Satan mask, throw a shittily-mixed cd of his band's music on the stereo, and alternately yell vocals and drunkenly banter into a microphone while stumbling around sipping straight gin. Which he had been doing the whole night, since we got there. At one point he collapsed in the corner and his dick came out of his boxers, which was awkward.

After that, the two remaining bands played, followed by us, and we ended up having the longest set with 20 minutes' worth of material. And nobody actually stuck around for us because apparently they were all punk/grindcore dudes and didn't care about progressive metal. So essentially we drove an hour and a half with all our gear and then waited for two more hours for the other bands to show up/get their shit together to play a show for about four people.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Mar 16, 2012,
Quote by blake1221
I don't perform.

I exist.

Bro,

That's deep.

I've had some weirdish performances. I dunno. One time my band played at a DIY fest that was in like, some dilapidated house/barn/lean-to thing in RI. We were the last electric band on the bill, & the cops showed up to shut the show down while we were setting up & the girl who was running it convinced them to let us play for five minutes, so we got two songs in.

tl;dr: I'm punk as fuck.
I sang to a hobo once. My friend and I were hanging out at this park near the open mic cafe in town and we had our guitar and this sad-looking homeless man asked me really nicely to play for him so I played him a few songs. As we were leaving he professed his love for me. It was interesting.
I was at my barbershop working with my son. Suddenly one of the regular pricks came in to get his hair cut. Meanwhile im shreddin' like Vai on coke and he says he can also play the guitar. So he picks it up and start wanking the pentatonic scale like no bodys business. He leaves shortly with a funny look on his face like he just creamed his shorts or something, and snarks off some racist mexican joke. Does he think im mexican just because i have a mustach??
Anyway, next time he comes in ill cut that little pricks ear off.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Mar 16, 2012,
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
I was at my barbershop working with my son. Suddenly one of the regular pricks came in to get his hair cut. Meanwhile im shreddin' like Vai on coke and he says he can also play the guitar. So he picks it up and start wanking the pentatonic scale like no bodys business. He leaves shortly with a funny look on his face like he just creamed his shorts or something, and snarks off some racist mexican joke. Does he think im mexican just because i have a mustach??

So, very badly then?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
A bus driver gave me and my folky/folk punk band free transit as long as we played along the drive. If we stopped playing before our stop, we had to get off or pay. turns out a banjo, cuatro, washboard, and accordion are loud as **** in a confined space. we made it about 20 miles
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by GodofCheesecake
So essentially we drove an hour and a half with all our gear and then waited for two more hours for the other bands to show up/get their shit together to play a show for about four people.

welcome to gigging

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Me and a keyboard playing friend learned the imperial march an hour before a talent show, and convinced two of our friends to light saber battle while we played. We played about two bars, simultaneously ****ed up, then joined the crowd to watch the fight.
Call me Skeletor
Quote by neidnarb11890
Bro,

That's deep.

I've had some weirdish performances. I dunno. One time my band played at a DIY fest that was in like, some dilapidated house/barn/lean-to thing in RI. We were the last electric band on the bill, & the cops showed up to shut the show down while we were setting up & the girl who was running it convinced them to let us play for five minutes, so we got two songs in.

tl;dr: I'm punk as fuck.

I ****ing miss living there
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by jthm_guitarist
welcome to gigging

I don't think we'll be playing any more house shows, haha.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
(...) so my band played paper rock scissors with this grindcore band called Priapus in order to determine who would close and we ended up winning. (...)

Thanks for mentioning them, I checked them out and they're pretty ****ing sick.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I think I've posted it on here before, but my old band and I threw cheap sex toys at the audience at an event we didn't know was church-sponsored.
Quote by Ometh
Thanks for mentioning them, I checked them out and they're pretty ****ing sick.

They were kind of dicks. Their vocalist broke like two mics during their set and one of them knocked someone into the bar into the corner, which broke. I get that that's sort of grindcore's thing, to be spazzy and break stuff, but they weren't his microphones, they were the property of the four dudes who owned the house and put on a lot of DIY house shows.

Anyway, I'm not into grindcore but they were pretty good music-wise I guess.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
My old thrash band played at a Vet4Vets thing which is a benefit thing for homeless vets and stuff. There was food and stuff for them to do and this huge tent where they had live music playing.
The band before us was this really nice, smooth jazz trio.
While they're playing, I was talking to one of the guys attending and (I was about 15 at the time) he leans on a fence post and asks me, "So what drugs you into?" I said "none."
Then he stands up straight and says, "You do X?" Again, I said "No, I dont. I really dont do any drugs." And he got real close to my face and was like "Hey man, nah I see it. You got them nostrils you snort coke erry day, mang." I told him no again and we had a good laugh.

Then came time to perform and we realized a lot of these guys were probably Vietnam vets... And all our songs were about war. So we decided to play the first song, aptly titled "War" with no vocals. And it went over so well, there were about 60 guys spread out around the tent and a group of like 5 of them got up and were throwing chairs and screaming (in a good way).
We played another song or two and our lead guitarist's amp started sparking and caught fire. So he stopped playing and just started doing vocals. The first thing he said was he announced that today was a special day because it was our drummer's birthday. All the guys in the audience started begging for a drum solo. So he gave it to him (even though he had never really played a drum solo before) and everyone in the place started cheering.

We finished out the set with a couple Metallica covers and then left. All of the guys in the tent ran up to us after the gig and thanked us for playing, that we had a really great thing going, and they couldn't believe we were all 14 and 15 years old.

Still one of the most bizarre experiences of my life.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I'm in a small local band that's only played four shows so far, but the house show we played was by far the weirdest. First of all, we were the first band to show up, and then three of the bands that were originally supposed to play dropped off on like the day of the show, and then a random three piece punk band showed up out of nowhere to replace one of them, and then none of the bands wanted to play last so my band played paper rock scissors with this grindcore band called Priapus in order to determine who would close and we ended up winning.

So the show started like two hours behind schedule and the opening act was a member of one of the bands who had dropped off on the day of the show, but apparently nobody told him they weren't playing until he showed up for the gig. So he said he was going to open with a solo art-performance set. Which I was intrigued by until he started and I found out what that meant was that he was going to strip down to his boxers, put on a Satan mask, throw a shittily-mixed cd of his band's music on the stereo, and alternately yell vocals and drunkenly banter into a microphone while stumbling around sipping straight gin. Which he had been doing the whole night, since we got there. At one point he collapsed in the corner and his dick came out of his boxers, which was awkward.

After that, the two remaining bands played, followed by us, and we ended up having the longest set with 20 minutes' worth of material. And nobody actually stuck around for us because apparently they were all punk/grindcore dudes and didn't care about progressive metal. So essentially we drove an hour and a half with all our gear and then waited for two more hours for the other bands to show up/get their shit together to play a show for about four people.

Such is the life of gigging. If you continue to gig for another few years, trust me, this won't be the weirdest thing you'll ever come across.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
In the dark. In a old derelict farm house in the middle of the country side. A band played before us, and everyone loved them, and when they finished everyone followed them out. So my band just shut the door behind them, turned off the lights, and jammed for half an hour. My weirdest and worst experience playing music. Hated every second of it.
Quote by Joey-Tribiani

A) he's told me multiple times that he's mexican
B) he asked me if I played after I asked him how long he's been playing
C) you're just an arsehole
Quote by cookdizzle

Sense of humour, meet cookdizzle.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last christmas I played my acoustic in front of some family members I haven't seen in years while tripping on acid. It was awkward, but I held myself together.
Quote by cookdizzle

False. He is Joey Tribiani.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by DempseyPunk
A bus driver gave me and my folky/folk punk band free transit as long as we played along the drive. If we stopped playing before our stop, we had to get off or pay. turns out a banjo, cuatro, washboard, and accordion are loud as **** in a confined space. we made it about 20 miles

That's really cool
Piano performance for deaf people.

It was really awkward, they kept shuffling closer to try and see what keys I was playing.
🙈 🙉 🙊
In my old band, we played a show that got double booked with an industrial show, we were metal. They decided to keep us and one other band from our bill on this show. The only guy that wad there early enough to see us was a legless dude in a wheelchair.
Probably the time I played banjo in a newgrass band. We were rowdy as fuck and could hardly sing. it was beautiful.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne