http://www.thestar.com/living/article/1145655--virtual-everquest-community-makes-dying-boy-s-wish-come-true#article

When Carri Hoover learned her 6-year-old son had 12 weeks to live, she turned to her video game community for help.

Not for medical help. Medically speaking, John Hoover is now beyond help. In his left lung alone, there are seven tumours, one of which is blocking a major artery. The cancer, first discovered in his liver when he was 3, has metastasized.
It's called cum....learn how to swallow
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
The internet is a strange place; capable of being at the same time a wretched hive of scum and villainy, as well as having a shit-ton of nice poeple there.
'...and then they found out Carri was actually a fat beardneck who digs hentai'
That's sweet
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This is what bugs me about people complaining about how hard their life is. That kid has got it so bad and
“He can always smile and always laugh. He hardly cries about anything that’s done to him. For as many times as he has to get poked for blood draws and medicine and everything, he is just phenomenal.”
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
This is what bugs me about people complaining about how hard their life is. That kid has got it so bad and

Ok he's a trooper, I'll give him that, but I will say this.

1. That is the only life he has ever known.
2. He probably doesn't understand what is happening to him and I think I'd kick the ass of anyone who set out to explain it to him.
3. Someoneelse's misery does not invalidate your own. If you have a problem worth whining about, do something about it. This kid can't so don't use him being in a worse situation than you are as an excuse to continue to endure crap that you can change or fix.
Quote by seabear70
Ok he's a trooper, I'll give him that, but I will say this.

1. That is the only life he has ever known.
2. He probably doesn't understand what is happening to him and I think I'd kick the ass of anyone who set out to explain it to him.
3. Someoneelse's misery does not invalidate your own. If you have a problem worth whining about, do something about it. This kid can't so don't use him being in a worse situation than you are as an excuse to continue to endure crap that you can change or fix.

1. He can still look on to other people who have their whole lives ahead of them and he probably knows full well he won't get to that age. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know any different. It's like me struggling to pay my bills. Just because it's been that way for years, doesn't mean I'm happy with it or that I know there are people out there with more money than they can spend.
2. Even if he doesn't understand what's happening to him, it doesn't change the situation he's in. He's still going to die soon.
3. It's just my way of thinking. If I sit at home upset complaining how my girlfriend left me, I know things like this kid's situation are happening all the time and in the grand scheme of things, mine is just pointless and there's not much point wasting my time on it. It's sort of motivational for me. Forces me to get over my misery or whatever sadness it is at the time. If you got something to be genuinely sad about, then yeah, be sad, grieve and whatever that's normal. But when it's petty things and people are just bringing themselves down over nothing, that's what annoys me. I just know people who have it much better than they know but they still complain and act like their life is the hardest ever.

Just my opinion really.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
1. He can still look on to other people who have their whole lives ahead of them and he probably knows full well he won't get to that age. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know any different. It's like me struggling to pay my bills. Just because it's been that way for years, doesn't mean I'm happy with it or that I know there are people out there with more money than they can spend.
2. Even if he doesn't understand what's happening to him, it doesn't change the situation he's in. He's still going to die soon.
3. It's just my way of thinking. If I sit at home upset complaining how my girlfriend left me, I know things like this kid's situation are happening all the time and in the grand scheme of things, mine is just pointless and there's not much point wasting my time on it. It's sort of motivational for me. Forces me to get over my misery or whatever sadness it is at the time. If you got something to be genuinely sad about, then yeah, be sad, grieve and whatever that's normal. But when it's petty things and people are just bringing themselves down over nothing, that's what annoys me. I just know people who have it much better than they know but they still complain and act like their life is the hardest ever.

Just my opinion really.

1. He's six years old. Most of us were changing our favorite color on a daily basis at that age. I'm not saying his situation is not sad, I'm saying that being poked, prodded, and cut open is the only world he has ever known. Even if he knows it is not normal, he doesn't know what is. In his mind, he probably believes that most people's lives are a lot like his own when he can't see them. That doesn't make him anything but a member of the human race. We all do that.

2. What would change the situation is someone setting out to explain dying to him. He does not need to know, in fact it would be sadistic to explain that to him. That's something far too few people understand, If you can't change it, there's no reason to inflict misery on others.

The mother asked for help, and the people on the server set out to make his world a better place in the time he has left. That was awesome. I challenge anyone here to take five minutes of their day to help someone selflessly.

But I know people who would consider it their duty to explain to this kid that he was going to die. Some religious, some atheists, all assholes. Let the kid have his happiness. It's all he's ever going to have. If God isn't ok with that, let him send me to hell instead. If there is no God, then there is nothing to be gained by telling it to the kid.

3. I understand that way of thinking, but I have seen so many people endure shit that should have been ended because someone had it worse. Abusive relationships, bad jobs, housing situations, cars falling apart, the list goes on an on. Too many people spend their whole lives gauging their relative misery and deciding they need to just endure rather than fixing their problems.

I'm not saying you are one of those people, but I'll bet you can name a couple.
Last edited by seabear70 at Mar 16, 2012,
I didn't mean they should endure their sadness because it's not comparable to someone else's. I meant it more of a motivational thing. I use it to get my ass in gear and make things better for myself.

But yeah, I agree with your point about the kid not needing to know.

I do try to do things that are selfless and help others. I like doing it. It's very fulfilling and there's not many people that will go out their way for others unless there's something in it for themselves. My best friend was born with a club foot. She's currently in drama school training to be an actress. But the club foot is holding her back. She can't run, jump or walk for more than a mile or so without it causing her serious pain. She's had an operation for it so it looks normal but it's still not right. I would sell all my guitar gear I've got in a heartbeat if it would help her get it fixed, but unfortunately, there's not much more the doctors can do.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I didn't mean they should endure their sadness because it's not comparable to someone else's. I meant it more of a motivational thing. I use it to get my ass in gear and make things better for myself.

But yeah, I agree with your point about the kid not needing to know.

I do try to do things that are selfless and help others. I like doing it. It's very fulfilling and there's not many people that will go out their way for others unless there's something in it for themselves. My best friend was born with a club foot. She's currently in drama school training to be an actress. But the club foot is holding her back. She can't run, jump or walk for more than a mile or so without it causing her serious pain. She's had an operation for it so it looks normal but it's still not right. I would sell all my guitar gear I've got in a heartbeat if it would help her get it fixed, but unfortunately, there's not much more the doctors can do.

You should feel honored to know her.

Unlike so many people, she tries.
Quote by frankv
How can a thread like this lead to arguments?

Poor kid.

We're not really arguing, just finding the common ground upon which to agree.
Quote by seabear70
You should feel honored to know her.

Unlike so many people, she tries.

Yeah, she's a very strong willed person. I'd never tell her but I definitely look up to her

And yeah, I wasn't arguing. An exchange of opinions. Too many people in the pit can't share opinions without it resulting in an argument.
not crying, just the onions, etc.

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
"The sweet, bespectacled boy was born at just 24 weeks after Carri developed preeclampsia during pregnancy."

stopped reading there to rage at the fact that it was most likely his mother's obesity that caused the rise in blood-pressure during pregnancy, leading to this poor kid's bad health.

Now I read the rest of the article

There is no more rage, only tears. That is truly beautiful.
Seeing as I am 15 and have limited medical understanding, is his situation in anyway down to his mums actions? I'd still feel terrible for them though.

Poor kid
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Thats awesome....a bit of faith has been restored to humanity.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Stugg334
Seeing as I am 15 and have limited medical understanding, is his situation in anyway down to his mums actions? I'd still feel terrible for them though.

Poor kid

He has cancer, which has basically just zerged him. It's unlikely anything his mum did during pregnancy caused this, unless she intentionally exposed herself to a shit ton of radiation to try and give him superpowers or something.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
He has cancer, which has basically just zerged him. It's unlikely anything his mum did during pregnancy caused this, unless she intentionally exposed herself to a shit ton of radiation to try and give him superpowers or something.

Ta, I gathered most of it, I just didn't know if it was because she smoked/drank/was fat like that other guy suggested during the pregnancy.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
Ta, I gathered most of it, I just didn't know if it was because she smoked/drank/was fat like that other guy suggested during the pregnancy.

The obesity would contribute to the pre-eclampsia and premature birth and low birth weight, but those aren't necessarily linked to cancer, and certainly not cancer as aggressive as the one the kid suffers from.
But when he noticed a bunch of new characters on the island, John turned to his parents and asked, “Is this a party for me?”

...)' :