Not sure if this is the correct place to post or ask this, but...How do you get rid of fret buzz? I just got a new Agile Al-2000 and there is fret buzz along the E string close to the first and second fret. There is minimal buzz along the A string. Seems that everything else is fine. Is this an easy fix? Thanks for the help.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Mar 16, 2012,
raise the action.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
raising the action may do it, and thats an easy fix. however, being so close to the nut, you may need a new one. hard to say without looking at it, but if that's the case you'll need to take it to someone who can file you a new one. if you have to raise the action so high that it becomes a pain to play, its the nut. if you raise the action high enough, the note will actually go sharp a wee bit when you fret it, which is obviously no good.

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab
Thanks for the help and I am still under the grace period to exchange it for another guitar, which I will probably end up doing.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Well,one thing I forgot to mention was that there is an allowable amount of buzz on electricss if you want the action low. However it shouldn't be so bad that it mutes notes or seriously dampens your sustain. And its a matter of preference really, some people don't want any buzz period, resulting in a higher action, while others see it as an acceptable issue in order to make the guitar play with the action as low as possible. Is it causing problems while you're plugged in?

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab