Pretty good, the mix is a bit off, to the extent that the vocals get pretty much buried a lot of the time. The chord progression is nice, the lyrics seem pretty good and the melodies are decent. No glaring weaknesses to me apart from the recording quality. I liked the guitar solo a lot, very melodic.
If you could drop a comment on any of the links in my sig that would be awesome
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Hi I really enjoyed your track, sort of reminded me of a couple of tracks on Finch's album "What it is to burn", I like your sound, would echo comments about the recording quality but liked the song nonetheless Did you play and record each part by yourself?
Not bad. Musically there isn't anything too exciting going on. The chords are nice, but the lead guitar doesn't do anything interesting until the solo, and the drums and bass seem pretty standard. Vocally you do alright. Pitch wise you're pretty much spot on for the entire song, but the whiny, nasally voice really doesn't do it for me. Lyrically everything works, but again its not interesting. I'm sure lyrics like these have been written a thousand times, there isn't a catchy original line in there that grabs my attention. I would work on including some imagery, find a way to say what your trying to say but without actually saying it. Also, learn how to spell.

Overall as a song its fine, there's nothing really 'wrong' with it, but it hasn't given me a reason to listen to it again.

Check out my stuff if you get a chance,
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521141
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Last edited by cammo_1234 at Mar 16, 2012,
Quote by SoapbarSE
Hi I really enjoyed your track, sort of reminded me of a couple of tracks on Finch's album "What it is to burn", I like your sound, would echo comments about the recording quality but liked the song nonetheless Did you play and record each part by yourself?

Yes I did everything except the drums (Plug-ins). Recording is still bad as I just did it on my laptop's built-in mic. Thanks!

@Paddy_McK, I've put a comment in Youtube for Phoenix.. thanks mate!

Thank you all for the comments, will surely take note and use it to improve more!
Argyle,
I wonder if you used an AdrenaLinn (I have one) or ? on the beat-synch filter guitar. Some of the vocals sound good, other parts are pitchy at times (especially on the higher notes). Most of the guitar sounds good, though some parts sound somewhat flat. Nice guitar solo. The song itself is good. Good ending. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522714
Quote by Argyle_06
Yes I did everything except the drums (Plug-ins). Recording is still bad as I just did it on my laptop's built-in mic. Thanks!

@Paddy_McK, I've put a comment in Youtube for Phoenix.. thanks mate!

Thank you all for the comments, will surely take note and use it to improve more!

cool what can you tell me what plugins? I've been trying to use drums in my own recordings with mixed results!
Quote by aaron aardvark
Argyle,
I wonder if you used an AdrenaLinn (I have one) or ? on the beat-synch filter guitar. Some of the vocals sound good, other parts are pitchy at times (especially on the higher notes). Most of the guitar sounds good, though some parts sound somewhat flat. Nice guitar solo. The song itself is good. Good ending. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522714

I don't use that. I just use Guitar rig plug-in when I recorded this on reaper using my acoustic guitar.
I'll shoot a review on your work. Thanks for the comments!
Quote by SoapbarSE
cool what can you tell me what plugins? I've been trying to use drums in my own recordings with mixed results!

Ezdrummer