Hey guys

I'm new here...

After a LOT of years I decided to return playing guitar...

bad thing is that I got an extremely old and cheap Cort, which used to be very nice, but right now I have some problems, and the main one is:
1) cheap floating bridge (wilkinson-ish). Together with the locking peds, I can't actually end a song with correct tuning.
Plus I want to try different tunings, but the whole stuff regarding the floating bridge setting actually scares me.

For this reason, I am thinking about buying a fixed bridge guitar, but I have some doubts:
1) With a fixed bridge, can I change tuning without any more setup apart from turning the locking peds?
2) If I do it often (f.e. twice a week), will I risk to wear the mechanics and have tuning problems in the future?

thanks in advance!
Quote by eldiablorojo
Hey guys

I'm new here...

After a LOT of years I decided to return playing guitar...

bad thing is that I got an extremely old and cheap Cort, which used to be very nice, but right now I have some problems, and the main one is:
1) cheap floating bridge (wilkinson-ish). Together with the locking peds, I can't actually end a song with correct tuning.
Plus I want to try different tunings, but the whole stuff regarding the floating bridge setting actually scares me.

For this reason, I am thinking about buying a fixed bridge guitar, but I have some doubts:
1) With a fixed bridge, can I change tuning without any more setup apart from turning the locking peds?
2) If I do it often (f.e. twice a week), will I risk to wear the mechanics and have tuning problems in the future?

thanks in advance!

By "Fixed" I'm assuming that you mean a "non-Tremelo" (for lack of a better word) like you'd find on a telecaster, or a "Tune-O-Matic" like you'd find on a Les Paul...

Tuning with one of those is simply turning the tuning pegs as required...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
fixed bridge is really the only way to go if you want to use multiple tuning on one guitar. once the bridge is set at the height you want you can change the tuning as much as you want (unless its from standard to a really low tuning, but thats an issue to do with the neck not the bridge)