Stuff you'll need to know to be able to help me:

I play electric and classical guitar
I'll play any style of music, except from metal
I won't play songs I don't like - I'll have to practise for weeks to get good, so I have to enjoy doing it... (hence the not wanting metal bit)
I can have a mixture of pieces, but I think they have to be linked in some way
Any pieces must be above grade 6 in difficulty
(Anything I haven't covered?)
Edits:
It can be either Solo Guitar, Guitar with backing track or a small group, providing friends are willing to help

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Last edited by Joeobrown at Mar 16, 2012,
Pick songs you like that display your talent. Hurrr

Other important notes to note...
Is it solo guitar? Could you have a small group? (bass/piano/drums/horns)

What exactly is grade 6 music?
I know symphonic/orchestral music has a difficulty "grading" system.
But I don't know if a song like Anthropology is graded in the same way.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Mar 16, 2012,
I know that Bourée in Em by Bach (think of Tenacious D's Classico) is grade 6, which seems doable enough... Other than that I can't tell you anything about how grades work, or how to tell what grade a particular piece is

And when you say anthropology, do you mean the Charlie Parker song? (youtube's useful, isn't it...)
Last edited by Joeobrown at Mar 16, 2012,
Well do that. Cause that song it ezpz and fun.
Is this for a college recital or what?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Valse Venezolano no. 2 by Antonio Lauro is a short
(but charming) work of about the same difficulty. The
whole collection of waltzes would knock out a decent chunk of time.

Also, as you are in a music class, take care to only use the title "song" for works featuring vocals
Quote by shreddymcshred
Also, as you are in a music class, take care to only use the title "song" for works featuring vocals

Good point...
And nice, um, work. I like it, keep them coming
If it's part of an A level course you should definitely talk to your teaching person about it.
SMILE!
I have 2 music teachers, and they both play the piano as their primary instrument... Also I don't have a guitar teacher, so you experts on here are the best I've got
Really bump after 20 minutes? This forum doesn't move that fast, bro.
Quote by Banjocal