Hello all,

I'm looking for a good guitar in the $1,000 range to be tuned to C standard. I'm not sure what kind of scale length/baritone neck is preferable for this low tuning. Would 25.5" be alright?
I'm looking to play Dream Theater type stuff (Train of Thought, Awake) and I'm playing through a Marshall JVM205H. Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!
jackson soloist.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I have two tuned to C Standard. One os 25.5 and the other is 24.75. 24.75 is used by quite a few bands, and personally I think both scales work great.

I use 12-60 D'Addario strings for both guitars, and with the action slightly higher on the 24.75. I would have to say the 24.75 plays better, but it is also a higher end guitar as well. It isn't too big of a difference, but the 24.75 is noticeably "softer".
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
any guitar with the right setup should work really.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
les paul style guitars are brutal tuned to Drop C and C standard but I would go with something like a Jackson RR3 just cuz the alder body and maple neck bring out a lot of midrange and crunch that beefs up the tone and cuts thru the mix very well. Plus its a 25.5" scale
If you do get a baritone, I imagine you could put some pretty thin strings on it for C tuning. Your tone would be a bit brighter that way I think, but to each their own.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
rob flynn from machine head has a signature epiphone baritone for $799. should be pretty sweet. he uses it for drop b but like up a half step, something weird like that.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A