Poll: why are people from broken homes typically so cool?
Poll Options
View poll results: why are people from broken homes typically so cool?
its true..a disproportionate amount of cool people come from broken homes :idea:
4 5%
pfft, most of the kids i know from broken homes don't amount to shit :no:
15 19%
i think their upbringing is what drives them. kids from the burbs can never understand :(
6 8%
they're only cool in highschool...they grow up to be some pretty f*cked up adults :haha
13 16%
a lot of these people's backstories are made up to give themselves more credibility :shrug:
6 8%
dillon mckay swag you say?! :eek: dat shit cray! :dance:
5 6%
swag??? oh gawwd, kids these days.. :facepalm: *dvr's grey's anatomy to watch with honeybuns later*
3 4%
this thread...I-I have no words......just :puke:
27 34%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
if think about many famous actors, rockstars, poets, artists, musicians ..a lot of them come from broken homes, dysfunctional families. is their tragic upbringing part of what drives them to be cool and awesome? do they have more motivation to make a mark in this world than some schlub raised in the 'burbs their whole life?

I knew this kid in highschool who came from a broken home. you know, the typical tragic TV upbringing with sad violin music and all that shit. he had that dillon mckay swag, got all the best pussy, and pretended to mop and brood like he was so dejected. ran into him the other day and now he's got a good government job with a trophy wife. man **** that guy

Last edited by killjoy_bentley at Mar 16, 2012,
I was planning on coming in here and raging about your annoying poll, but there isn't one. I don't know if I'm disappointed or pleased :/

OH WELL FUCK YOUR SHIT
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I was planning on coming in here and raging about your annoying poll, but there isn't one. I don't know if I'm disappointed or pleased :/

OH WELL FUCK YOUR SHIT

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?? *points up*
GodDAMMIT. What, is your goal an obnoxious and useless poll per day or something?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
i think you forgot to include the thousands that are in prisons. If they are so cool, take a trip to Pelican Bay and pal around with the 'cool' people there.
Because when you are as uncool as TS is, everyone else is way cool by comparison.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Most of us come across as cool but are actually psychologically messed up and much less happy than well adjusted individuals.
I remember reading a guitar world interview with Kerry and Jeff from SLAYER.

And that Jeff's dad used to grab him by the throat and threaten him,
and that Kerry's dad would beat him with a length of garden hose.

someday I hope to have kids and beat them into becoming the best thrash band ever
Quote by siksofus
i think you forgot to include the thousands that are in prisons. If they are so cool, take a trip to Pelican Bay and pal around with the 'cool' people there.

either way what i'm saying is they live some pretty interesting lives. a lot of them don't grow up to be working class shlubs; they have big dreams
Quote by killjoy_bentley
either way what i'm saying is they live some pretty interesting lives. a lot of them don't grow up to be working class shlubs; they have big dreams

So do people who went to Eton College, and they aren't all "cool".
I don't see why you guys hate his polls so much?
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
I did get a lot of pussy in high school but now I just get a normal amount, so it evens out in the end.
Nope.
We just appeal to the masses of misunderstood angsty pre-pubescent wannabes who don't have a life story to cry into a girl's shoulder.
Cuz we know what uncool is, and know that it's uncool to be uncool, so we cool while we ununcool
I'm from a pretty broken home and if I think about it a lot of people dislike me.

I'm also the exact opposite of "cool".
Quote by Jackson kv
SLAYER the best thrash band ever

Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I kind of think we need to put a muzzle on Killjoy. he's getting a bit obsessed with proving to this forum that he's one of those emotionally troubled, deep artist types.
I couldn't think of a thing that I hope tomorrow brings
Quote by Jackson kv
The only band of the "big 4" still worth a fuck

I'm not even big on metal anymore, but I must agree with this.
because only getting to see your dad on wednesdays and one weekend a month makes you so angsty and brooding
Quote by Jackson kv

New Slayer stuff is shit IMO, love the new Megadeth though

But Overkill destroys all anyway
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I'm not psychologist, psychiatrist, psychoanalyst or whatever but I think kids from broken homes have various personality outcomes due to the Post-traumatic stress related to a family breakup/fights/abuse etc.

1: Depression leads to self-destructive behaviour. EG: Being cheeky to teachers, drinking and smoking, starting fights, having no motivation in class. All of which is "cool"

2: They have insecurites but self-destructive behaviour leads them to do what they please and to hell with the consequences, this gives the impression of confidence. Which is hella cool.

3. They'll stick up for themselves, they may have a lot of anger and this will cause then to lash out on others. Defeating another by means of strength makes them feel better about themselves.

Stuff like that I reckon. I don't really blame bullies for their behaviour all the time, who am I to judge as I've had a very good life.

Still, there's plenty of people who've gone through shit and are as cool, intelligent and motivated as any of the rest of us.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by theogonia777
Because when you are as uncool as TS is, everyone else is way cool by comparison.

Exactly. TS is the embodiment of rock bottom.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by IWasMaiden93
New Slayer stuff is shit IMO, love the new Megadeth though

But Overkill destroys all anyway

I agree with the above statements.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

OH WELL FUCK YOUR SHIT

I swear, any post ive ever seen you make, its made me laugh
Plus you have a cool username
Quote by madbasslover
I'm from a broken home, I have no close friends, and I think about dying or killing myself at least once a day. Fuck you, TS.

I think you're cool!
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
I agree with the above statements.

Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Quote by Dead Horse

Quote by Dead Horse

Plus his lovely tits which keep me mesmerised for hours.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Jackson kv

"Yeah, I'll lose sleep wondering whether you're right about that or not."
I didn't know the two were related.

Never really wondered what makes me cool either.
Quote by Nameless742
Plus his lovely tits which keep me mesmerised for hours.

They're my own, ya know
Page 1 of 2