I want to be able to hear what I'm playing come out of the speakers as I play it, is there a way to do this?
Yup. Make sure the track is armed, the right input is selected and that Monitor is set to "On". All all the channel strip.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Ok it works, but theres a delay on it, is that just how it always is or is some setting on that I can turn off or something?
Quote by bobbymcgee69
None, I'm using a Socom navy seals USB headset(I know, I know, but it's all I have).

that your problem right there, without a proper interface you will have input output lag.
Quote by wozzsta
that your problem right there, without a proper interface you will have input output lag.

also known as latency. Use a real interface with an ASIO driver. That'll work much better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
when you hear your playing coming out of the speaker (with the track armed), it means that you are hearing the latency.

When i set a @request block size@ of 128 in reaper, i don't hear myself playing.

When i set it to 1024, i can hear myself playing....but I notice the latency.

256 might be a good setting that works all around. See for yourself
I felt lonely being the only one who does not have a pointless signature