Hey guys, hopefully I've posted this in the right place..

I have a marshall gov'nor 2 distortion pedal and....well, it won't work anymore...at all.. :S I have tried both wall adapter and batteries...and it just won;t work.. I don't have amazing knowledge here and it's out of warranty...anybody want to suggest potential sources of error and how I could potentialy fix it??

Also, my amplifier (Crate vt212)...only the clean channel and reverb are selectable...the crunch and full distortion modes just won;t respond :S Is this fixable at all does anyone know?? When I bought it the buttons to select on the amp itsef were broken, and it won;t respond on these channels with the footswitch.. I doubt the footswitch is the issue, as the switch is new, only a few months old..

The reason I ask is cos I need to get rid of these pieces of equipment plus some other stuff to facilitate the puchase of my new amp
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
As for the Guv'nor, we need a lot more information other than it's broken, what can be wrong with it.
I wish I could provide more info, I admit I don't have much knowledge.. It went from producing a clear and loud distorted sound one day, to not producing any sound at all.. It was as if the battery went...but it didn't go?? *changed batteries/power supply to no avail..*
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Does it power on? There is no sound at all in bypass or when the pedal is engaged?
Were you using a wall adapter when it stopped working? If so, what power adapter did you use?
Won't power on, no sound when it's in the pedal chain, I used the adapter that was made for it with it, aswell as a unit that had variable voltage and polarity...again, no response... Sorry of this information is murky.. I'm more of a woodworker and artist then an electrician..
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Well, if it doesn't power on with a battery or a power supply, that would be the first thing to check out. Open it up and see if you can see anything that is obviously burnt or odd looking.
Never use one of those generic polarity switching power supplies. They are bad and probably the reason I see most of the pedals I repair. Always use the proper power supply meant for pedals. Short rant over!!!

Honestly, there probably isn't an easy fix for it and it is probably going to be beyond your ability to fix so either sell it as broken or send it to someone to fix it. There just isn't going to be a point where I can say, "replace D1" and all will be good. Someone is going to have to go through it and find the issues.
thanks very much for your time dude.. I'm going to make a conscious effort to learn about this stuff over the next while...for now though I'm ignorant :L

Thanks for the tip about the power units, will keep that in mind in the future, thanks in advance of you having saved me money then :P
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Does signal pass through the pedal when it's not engaged, then signal cuts out when engaged? If that's the case, it's a power issue. Maybe some gutshots of the pedal could help. If you plugged in an adapter not meant for that pedal (AC adapter or voltage over 9v) it could do some damage (fixable).

If signal doesn't pass through the pedal at all, then it's probably a faulty switch, or some loose I/O wires from the board or the jacks, or on the switch maybe.
My suggestion, if you are going to fix pedals, is to get a decent digital multimeter and make yourself an audio probe (and get a cheap little amp to use with it). With the multimeter you can verify you are getting voltage where you need it. Once you get the power issue taken care of, if the pedal still doesn't work, you can follow the circuit through with your audio probe and listen to where the signal stops.
Thanks for the tips dudes, as for gut-shots, not possible at the moment, managed to pass it on to a friend who's an electrician...if there's no luck there I'll take it apart and put some images of ye beast..

Again, thanks for chipping in
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd