So basically I'm looking for a new amp and would like your help! I play mainly metal so it would need to cope well with high gain but would also like nice cleans. I was interested in the Fender Frontman 212R but from what I've read it doesn't cope well with metal Preferably a loud combo for under £400, thanks
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

does it have to be new? or would you go used? (you get far more bang for your buck used)
I would go used if it meant I could get a better amp yeah

from the likes of Pantera, Lamb of God to Iron Maiden, AC/DC

Not sure what amps Pantera use, but lamb of god use mesa boogies (i think) and the other two use marshalls. I believe a Marshall could get into your ball park tone with pedals for the heavier stuff.
I have a TSL602 combo that I managed to pick up for £200 on gumtree and it suits everything I play. So maybe check gumtree for a similar thing?
If I could find a TSL602 for that price I'd be very happy, the other marshall in my price range would be the AVT series, would you recommend them?

The AVT to my ears doesn't sound worth it. But I can have a look for the tsl for you
looks like a brilliant deal considering the footswitch and what not

I definitely think a marshall is the way forward

I'd drop the guy an email about it, and check out the tones online to see if you like the sound of it
will do, thanks a lot man!

how flexible is your budget? traynor ycv50b is ~£480 on thomann, put that with a boost pedal for the heavier stuff, it'll be good for ac/dc and maiden, though. alternatively a 6505+ combo (probably... only tried the heads) would work well for the heavier stuff but wouldn't do the maiden and dc as well.

avoid the frontman, avt, etc. i guess a tsl would work.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?