I Am Legend/Out For Blood by Arch Enemy. It has a rather typical pounding metal sound while being relatively easy to learn compared to lots of stuff. The solo is very much playable at an intermediate level too.

Good song IMO.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Most stuff by Arch Enemy, Iron Maiden, and In Flames is pretty easy as far as I know.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Depending on how good you are and how hard you want to work, anything from Veil of Maya will definitely make you better. It's not safe to swim today is pretty easy.
Powerslave by Iron Maiden and Constant Motion by Dream Theater helped my playing alot
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
I guess it really depends. Is there a certain technique you'd like to improve on? Playing quickly? Complicated riffs? Odd rhythms? If you could give me a few hints, I'd be more than happy to throw in my 2 cents!
Quote by JTNorquay
I guess it really depends. Is there a certain technique you'd like to improve on? Playing quickly? Complicated riffs? Odd rhythms? If you could give me a few hints, I'd be more than happy to throw in my 2 cents!

ive been having alot of trouble with sweep picking any songs that will help on that would be great
Quote by 1998metalhead1
ive been having alot of trouble with sweep picking any songs that will help on that would be great

Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle by Dethklok has two sweeps in it, one 3 string and another 5 string.

Yngwie Malmsteen has a lot of 3 string sweeping which is surprisingly easy to learn and demonstrates use of modes. Presto Vivace by him is a good example right after the chorusey part.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
I think a REALLY good song to kind of work on all of those techniques would be Empyreal by Sylosis. But it in audacity and slow it down, and just get everything down perfectly. The sweeps are really fast, but definitely not impossible, and the stretch will help your reach. Also, all of the tremolo picking in that song will bring up the strength in your right hand.
Quote by 1998metalhead1
can any help im trying to find songs that will help me with metal guitar playing
and i dont have a floyd rose

This guy teaches at a leading music school.
http://martingoulding.com/lessons/

Go to the riffs section. Other than that, Suggest A Song Thread.