Page 1 of 2
I have a buncha Canadian friends.

Don't judge me.

They are all in their 20s now and they all seem to be talking about checking out Europe, it's ridiculous.

It usually starts with something ridiculous like "Oh, I have a great grandfather who had a nephew who had an aunt who had a dog, and she was Irish, so I'm gonna go to Ireland to check out my heritage."

So they plan on going to Ireland, then trekking down to Germany, and/or France, and/or Spain, and/or Italy then they'll meet other people from other countries, ride some buses or trains, get drunk, then they come back to North America enlightened as if what they did was really, really important and changed their lives, and possibly the world.

It's really annoying. Has anyone else noticed this?
didn't you start that thread about your stepfather accusing you of shitting on the carpet?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
It would be better if they just visited Europe et al for it's own merits not some crock of shit hipster story about heritage.
Better than visiting europe just to follow U2 around.

Seriously, when she got taken I didn't feel a thing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Philip_pepper
It usually starts with something ridiculous like "Oh, I have a great grandfather who had a nephew who had an aunt who had a dog, and she was Irish, so I'm gonna go to Ireland to check out my heritage."

Well, I was watching the Departed a while back (real life I know ), and the guys in that seemed convinced that they were Irish.

They were not Irish, they were American, and one was actually Scottish. That really annoyed me about that film anyway.

Does this have any relation to the people that actually live in New Jersey? Do people really pretend to be Irish/ Italian/ whatever?
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Well there is a good chance they will never set foot in Europe again or for another 40 years after they retire. Knowing the income of the general population of my city, most people don't go out of North America that often.
Just let them have their moment.
Quote by Kensai

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau

Don't judge me.

So they plan on going to Ireland, then trekking down to GermanyQUOTE]

Good luck with that
Quote by Speckled_Hen

Does this have any relation to the people that actually live in New Jersey? Do people really pretend to be Irish/ Italian/ whatever?

Didn't the Departed take place in Boston? Cause you should NEVER compare Boston Mass to anywhere in New Jersey
Quote by Philip_pepper

stopped reading cause OP is a moose.

and a moose doesnt belong on computers.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
Didn't the Departed take place in Boston? Cause you should NEVER compare Boston Mass to anywhere in New Jersey

Hell, I don't know, it looks closer to New Jersey than it does to fucking Ireland
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Quote by moscaespañol
didn't you start that thread about your stepfather accusing you of shitting on the carpet?

Thankyou of reminding me of that. Anyone got a link?
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
The heritage excuse is kinda lame. If they had family like grandparents they wanted to visit then that's another story.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Maybe just deal with the fact that most people want to travel in their 20's?

That's cool though, you can stay in your room and play guitar, at least you wont be a hipster.
Well there's a 1 in 200 chance I'm related to Genghis Khan so I'm planning on going to burn some Chinese villages over the summer.
Quote by Philip_pepper

Don't judge me.

They are all in their 20s now and they all seem to be talking about checking out Europe, it's ridiculous.

So they plan on going to Ireland, then trekking down to Germany, and/or France, and/or Spain, and/or Italy then they'll meet other people from other countries, ride some buses or trains, get drunk, then they come back to North America enlightened as if what they did was really, really important and changed their lives, and possibly the world.

Maybe it will change their lives. You're a dick. I studied abroad when I was 17 for a little while in Alicante, Spain, living with a spanish family and it definitely changed my life I would say. For the better, of course.

My wife is English (I'm American; she has her green card) and I've only ever met her parents, since they are her only family that live in the USA. We're planning a 2 week or so trip to the UK to visit her family in England and Scotland, and then we're also planning on having some vacation time in and through France and Spain.

A lot of Europe is amazing, full of beautiful countrysides, delicious food, and friendly people, and it has a ton of history.
My God, it's full of stars!
Ya cus exploring another part of the world is such a waste of time. OP maybe you should go to Europe and experience some new cultures, places etc.
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20
Quote by Tessalate
Thankyou of reminding me of that. Anyone got a link?

yes.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Kensai

interesting reference....all that child slavery gettin to you?
Quote by Kensai

The unrated version of this movie is great.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 16, 2012,
I'm going to move to Europe.

People would probably think I'm stupid and annoying if I told them that.
A lot of North America is very bland and dreary.

I find it annoying too (especially when they spend a lot of the time complaining about how it's too different and they hate it) but you can't deny that they have the right to visit such a nice place when they're stuck in North America
^ Coming from a Brit, hearing NA being called "bland and dreary" is kind of funny. Do you guys hiss like vampires any time actual sun breaks through that blanket of clouds?

I'd personally love to go to Europe.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by bobtrack
Ya cus exploring another part of the world is such a waste of time. OP maybe you should go to Europe and experience some new cultures, places etc.

This.

Life is for living and exploring the world around you and experiencing as many different things as you can, while you can.
Quote by slipknot5678
I'm going to move to Europe.

People would probably think I'm stupid and annoying if I told them that.

There isn't a country named Europe, living in Slovenia or Sweden is quite different. Where are you going yp?
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Im going to Spain to learn about the murderers who raped our women and ethnically combined my taino blood with gold coast and Nigerian African slaves. Then im getting drunk in Germany.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Coming from a Brit, hearing NA being called "bland and dreary" is kind of funny. Do you guys hiss like vampires any time actual sun breaks through that blanket of clouds?

I'd personally love to go to Europe.

Hey, I can't help it that I burn easily

Anyway, if you think that about the UK why do you want to come here? We are in Europe, you know.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Hey, I can't help it that I burn easily

Anyway, if you think that about the UK why do you want to come here? We are in Europe, you know.

I never said "all" of Europe

I think England is a great place -- more for the history and culture than the scenery, though. I'd love to visit there someday, maybe when the dollar has some sort of resurgance and I don't have to take out a mortgage to buy a plate of bangers and mash. I just think your summation of North America as dreary and bland is...myopic. The US alone has about the same geographic diversity as Europe -- we have pretty much every type of ecosystem except for rain forest. And we have Seattle for when we want to feel like we're in the UK.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by Dreadnought
Maybe it will change their lives. You're a dick. I studied abroad when I was 17 for a little while in Alicante, Spain, living with a spanish family and it definitely changed my life I would say. For the better, of course.

My wife is English (I'm American; she has her green card) and I've only ever met her parents, since they are her only family that live in the USA. We're planning a 2 week or so trip to the UK to visit her family in England and Scotland, and then we're also planning on having some vacation time in and through France and Spain.

A lot of Europe is amazing, full of beautiful countrysides, delicious food, and friendly people, and it has a ton of history.

lolfag
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Why is it "lame" to want to visit Europe because of heritage? You're gonna have heritage there (Being Americans) unless you're Native American... My grandparents were born in the Netherlands (My great grandfather used his dentistry to hide jews in the Holocaust) amd I've always wanted to visit, does that make me lame?
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I have very little personal heritage in Europe (except for Poland, where I have no intention of going) but I plan to go visit anyway, might spend my summer in Spain if I can find a sorta summer university study program that'd give some independence.
Quote by Thecla
There isn't a country named Europe, living in Slovenia or Sweden is quite different. Where are you going yp?

Sweden hopefully, but if I fail at learning Sweden, England.

And sorry for the late response.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 17, 2012,
Page 1 of 2