After months of planning, designing, and patiently waiting, I finally received my first Custom, handmade electric guitar!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/425677_266603560080463_154303021310518_628193_1565117216_n.jpg

Krashburn is a one-man operation in Redding, California (a city in Northern California off of I-5). Jim Kefalas started this company after years of building guitars as a hobby for his son, who is an avid guitarist. He operates in a small workshop out of his house in Redding, and builds custom-order guitars as well as a slew of guitars that he makes for guitarists to test out and buy if they like them. It was refreshing to get an instrument from someone who works with you on a very personal level and someone who puts so much care and meticulous craftsmanship into the instrument to insure that it is the finest quality and exact end-product that the customer desires.

I came into contact with him at a metal festival I played in Sacramento last October. He contacted me beforehand and said he'd be there to watch bands and let people try out his guitars throughout the day. After the show he lent myself and a few other guitarists some of his guitars to try out and began talking to me about building a guitar for myself! I was blown away and immediately started hashing over Ideas about what I would want.

I was in the marked for an Ibanez S-series, so I told him that was the body style I wanted, and that I wanted a mahogany body with a quilted maple top.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/429778_266603726747113_154303021310518_628198_899745866_n.jpg

He made 2 of them, one which had a normal S-Series style carve, and another with a really cool looking arch top (which I ultimately chose).

Also I knew that I wanted a roasted birds-eye maple neck and an ebony fretboard (wide-thin, flat u-shape, 24-fret)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423766_266603886747097_154303021310518_628202_1420970240_n.jpg

The end result was amazing! I have never played a more comfortable guitar and it sounds great! The craftsmanship is unreal, and Jim really paid extreme attention to detail in every aspect of the instrument. It usually takes me a while to get used to a new guitar, but I was able to sit down with it and play it immediately.

The thin neck, lightweight body, fret access, and setup make this perfect for me as I mostly play metal and wanted this to be my main guitar that I play in my metal band. The neck reminds me of a hybrid Ibanez Wizard neck/PRS Custom 24 Neck, which is exactly what I wanted. The combination of the mahogany body, maple top, roasted maple neck, and ebony fretboard cater to a great sound for a metal guitar as well and make up for any loss of tone and resonance that could theoretically be lost by having a thin body. To cap it off, the Dimarzio D-Activator pickups and Original Floyd Rose make for a perfect metal axe (although this guitar is EXTREMELY versatile as well).

Specs:
S-Shaped Mahogany body w/ quilted maple arch-top
25.5" Scale length
Wide-Thin U shaped Roasted birds-eye maple neck
Ebony fretboard
Grover Tuners
Original Floyd Rose Double-locking trem bridge
Dimarzio D-Activator Pickups
Trans-Purple finish w/ gold hardware

I couldn't be happier with this axe!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/429364_266603913413761_154303021310518_628203_1654487544_n.jpg

If you would like to see more Krashburn guitars, as well as a Start-Finish photo album of my guitar, check out The Krashburn Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/KrashBurnGuitars
&
http://www.facebook.com/jimkrashburn
You're choices were whiskey and weed and Slayer
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn! That top is beautiful! How much did this guitar set you back?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 16, 2012,
I have an endorsement with Krashburn, so I got it at cost (wood/pickups/bridge/hardware etc.) but It probably would have been a couple grand otherwise. Jim builds guitars of any price range really, so I'm thinking about having him build me another one as a backup, but more stripped down.
HNGD...thats sick...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
How is that I am from Redding and I have never heard of somebody making this quality of guitars. Definitely something I will look into when I get back home.

Great looking guitar. Enjoy man.
That neck looks insane. I don't like the rest of the guitar but I definitely love that neck HNGD
That's a stunning guitar. I love quilted maple and the color choice is awesome, I love purple. One of my favorite guitars is a stained purple. You need to get some metal clips up for this
That thing is awesome as ****!!!
Congrats dude
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
woah

dude, that is awesome!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 17, 2012,
That top is trippin'

And that neck looks like something from Mars
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by FearMyLightning
Holy shit and it holds the allen wrenches on the back of the headstock for you?

Not to diminish it but Ibanez have done that for at least a few years. Granted only on a select few models of guitar (I think like S prestiges from ~5 years ago). I dunno if they do it anymore. *shrug*
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Wow, nice looking guitar! Happy NGD!
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
:O i wonder if he would divulge his wood supplier. thats the craziest top i've ever seen.
'Krashburn'

Were they trying to be ironically hip or something?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Thanks guys! You should definitely check out the rest of his work, and if you want a custom you should look into Krashburn, he'll work wit you and give you a good price!
Quote by Ashe_Mc
:O i wonder if he would divulge his wood supplier. thats the craziest top i've ever seen.

Look at JET Guitars sometime...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Its alright i guess <--------------------- sarcasm/jealousy

You lucky son of a gun
Quote by psychotech
Blacktop Strat for $500 from Amazon.

could you show us the link?

Bit late, but...good GOD THAT TOP.

HNGD man!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Sloshy
After months of planning, designing, and patiently waiting, I finally received my first Custom, handmade electric guitar!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/425677_266603560080463_154303021310518_628193_1565117216_n.jpg

Krashburn is a one-man operation in Redding, California (a city in Northern California off of I-5). Jim Kefalas started this company after years of building guitars as a hobby for his son, who is an avid guitarist. He operates in a small workshop out of his house in Redding, and builds custom-order guitars as well as a slew of guitars that he makes for guitarists to test out and buy if they like them. It was refreshing to get an instrument from someone who works with you on a very personal level and someone who puts so much care and meticulous craftsmanship into the instrument to insure that it is the finest quality and exact end-product that the customer desires.

I came into contact with him at a metal festival I played in Sacramento last October. He contacted me beforehand and said he'd be there to watch bands and let people try out his guitars throughout the day. After the show he lent myself and a few other guitarists some of his guitars to try out and began talking to me about building a guitar for myself! I was blown away and immediately started hashing over Ideas about what I would want.

I was in the marked for an Ibanez S-series, so I told him that was the body style I wanted, and that I wanted a mahogany body with a quilted maple top.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/429778_266603726747113_154303021310518_628198_899745866_n.jpg

He made 2 of them, one which had a normal S-Series style carve, and another with a really cool looking arch top (which I ultimately chose).

Also I knew that I wanted a roasted birds-eye maple neck and an ebony fretboard (wide-thin, flat u-shape, 24-fret)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423766_266603886747097_154303021310518_628202_1420970240_n.jpg

The end result was amazing! I have never played a more comfortable guitar and it sounds great! The craftsmanship is unreal, and Jim really paid extreme attention to detail in every aspect of the instrument. It usually takes me a while to get used to a new guitar, but I was able to sit down with it and play it immediately.

The thin neck, lightweight body, fret access, and setup make this perfect for me as I mostly play metal and wanted this to be my main guitar that I play in my metal band. The neck reminds me of a hybrid Ibanez Wizard neck/PRS Custom 24 Neck, which is exactly what I wanted. The combination of the mahogany body, maple top, roasted maple neck, and ebony fretboard cater to a great sound for a metal guitar as well and make up for any loss of tone and resonance that could theoretically be lost by having a thin body. To cap it off, the Dimarzio D-Activator pickups and Original Floyd Rose make for a perfect metal axe (although this guitar is EXTREMELY versatile as well).

Specs:
S-Shaped Mahogany body w/ quilted maple arch-top
25.5" Scale length
Wide-Thin U shaped Roasted birds-eye maple neck
Ebony fretboard
Grover Tuners
Original Floyd Rose Double-locking trem bridge
Dimarzio D-Activator Pickups
Trans-Purple finish w/ gold hardware

I couldn't be happier with this axe!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/429364_266603913413761_154303021310518_628203_1654487544_n.jpg

If you would like to see more Krashburn guitars, as well as a Start-Finish photo album of my guitar, check out The Krashburn Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/KrashBurnGuitars
&
http://www.facebook.com/jimkrashburn

That dude was supposed to sponser me too but that was a year ago. He was really flaky and too hard to deal with. He never came through on our agreement to make me a guitar and I made a number of custom pickup sets for his customs. You probably have one of my sets. He owes me a guitar and a tool he borrowed. If you speak to Jim please tell him to return my 300 Grit Diamond Crowning file. He can keep the guitar.
Quote by psychotech
That dude was supposed to sponser me too but that was a year ago. He was really flaky and too hard to deal with. He never came through on our agreement to make me a guitar and I made a number of custom pickup sets for his customs. You probably have one of my sets. He owes me a guitar and a tool he borrowed. If you speak to Jim please tell him to return my 300 Grit Diamond Crowning file. He can keep the guitar.

I just want my $100 file you took from me and will not return.
KrashBurn Guitars is run by a guy with zero integrity. He completely crawfished on his offer to me, and then showing what a coward he is he removed all posts related to the offer from his Facebook page. Not the type of person I would ever do business with, and his lack of integrity will keep him from ever being successful. Best of luck to anybody who makes the mistake of getting mixed up with this guy!