Hi, I'm a beginner and want to buy a classical guitar, currently I have two choices, Godin and Yamaha, it's hard to choose which one is better, my budget is $400, do you guys have other recommendation?
Thank you
If you can try them out, buy the one that fits, sounds and feels better. I would never buy an acoustic online if I wasn't sure of what I'm really buying.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Its all about preference my man! Play and pick. But i understand you want some insight before picking. With that being said, Godin makes some great guitars. Yamaha does too, buy I've been blown away by many Godin's compared to Yamaha (then again, they have a lot more branches of guitars). With that being said, La Patrie is Godin's classical guitar focused branch compared to Yamaha. Doesn't make it any better, but just saying. If i had to pick without playing them (which i would never do), with just namesake and my experience with the two, id go with La Patrie.
I agree with the above posts, trying is the best. Having said that I have a La Patrie and when I was trying out instruments I liked it better than many instruments in higher price ranges. As ^ said, La Patrie specializes in classical guitars while yamaha does a lot of things.
Quote by gearwatch
La Patrie specializes in classical guitars while yamaha does a lot of things.

??

La Patrie is one of several brands Godin uses. It's just a marketing strategy difference between Godin and Yamaha.