https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29326100

I'd like to share a demo I did for this thread ^

http://minus.com/mtrhe5ste#

demo ^

Please let me know what I can improve on the overall sound quality mixing /
mastering.

I do demo's so message me if you write music and would like to take advantage of my studio.

Crit 4 Crit! Please leave a link to your song or something you'd like me to review.

Thnx for viewing my thread!
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Last edited by Jonathan Trejo at Mar 16, 2012,
I would say first that the bass is mixed a little high, to me it really disturbs the melody. Apart from that the levels are all fine. As it all sounds like MIDI sounds, I can't really comment on much else, just that the mix is generally okay.
Are you planning on recording live instruments in future? It would be a much stronger test of your mixing and recording skills in my opinion.
If you're doing C4C, comments on any of the links in my sig would be awesome
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Hey man you should look into getting an older copy of Sonar.

I.E. I use Sonar Home Studio 4 XL and this is my track that I'm working on.

http://soundcloud.com/d4v1d5hu13r/keep-calm-1

And to contribute, I think it would sound great if played on real instruments. The midi format sounds cheesy, but the composition is great.
I got some good guitars, yo.
I'm really unsure which one you guys are listening to? the guitar pro project? or the link below it. These are real instruments so I'm confused

My Library
Quote by Jonathan Trejo
I'm really unsure which one you guys are listening to? the guitar pro project? or the link below it. These are real instruments so I'm confused

The second link, it sounded very much like digital instruments to me. What did you record and how?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
The second link, it sounded very much like digital instruments to me. What did you record and how?

Nah your right they are indeed sampled instruments. How can I fool you into making you think they're real?

My Library
Quote by Jonathan Trejo
Nah your right they are indeed sampled instruments. How can I fool you into making you think they're real?

I'm afraid MIDI instruments will only ever sound so realistic. Trying to reproduce real instruments using sampling is fairly futile, you're better off just using synthesis to create sounds that real instruments can't
My Soundcloud
I liked it particularly upto 40seconds, I think you could have made more of that part - more instruments and expanded the melody a little more, something more "climatic" if you know what I mean, but I really liked the opening, cool chords and percussion, thanks for sharing
Bass was good, try some vsti stuff like EDIROL orchestra. also guitars were kinda digitally
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------