Is 11-56 good for drop C to Drop A?
Marshall valvestate 80v
esp ltd mh-1000 deluxe
jay turser jtc-500
Should be fine for drop C. Drop A they probably won't have much tension left
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Will they also be fine in d standard?
Marshall valvestate 80v
esp ltd mh-1000 deluxe
jay turser jtc-500
I imagine so. I use 11s in standard and Eb, on a 24.75 scale, so you should be fine on your LTD
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
what is the lowest gauge you would go for drop A?
Marshall valvestate 80v
esp ltd mh-1000 deluxe
jay turser jtc-500
Quote by sicksucks
what is the lowest gauge you would go for drop A?

On a 25.5, 12-56. I don't particularly know about any smaller lengths. I put on some 11-60's on mine and I loved it, and it did fine by me. However, I do hate plain 3rd strings, something that's common in bigger string sets, but that's a personal taste thing.
i use 11s in standard, so d standard will be fine. should handle C, but I dont know about A..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
11-56 will be fine for anything down to about Drop B. I use 11-52 in Drop B and they are fine.
But for going another tone down to Drop A, which I have recently pulled my guitar out of, they struggle for tension. Especially from the 1st to 3rd frets. I, as a lot of other members in this forum would agree., wouldn't recommend 11-56 for anything like Drop A. You'd have to go a bit thicker, possibly with a 7 string set because they're thicker still, or even with a pack of 13's.