Hey guys.

Can anyone recommend some good guitar strings for my american strat? I compared with my squier strat and the tone was a lot better on those (but strings are quite a bit thicker!). Can't remember the strings I put on the squier but I would like a thicker string than what comes with the american standard but I don't want it too thick that it starts hurting your finger.

Just want a good balance of not hurting your fingers and getting a good tone.

Thanks
Last edited by Volcz at Mar 16, 2012,
ernie ball 10-52
light top heavy bottoms. I used to use them but I moved up a guage.
if im not mistaking, strats come with 9s..
so yeah, you shouldnt hurt your fingers with 10s.. I hurt mine when I went up to 11s, but I got over it and now have rock hard fingers.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
fenders come stock with 9's on them. try some 10's. i personally use 10 gauge d'addario strings. i want to try the new cobalt ernie ball strings though. they look and sound really nice. give em a try.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Ernie Ball/D'addario/Fender Super bullet 10's.

Would all companies be similar?

Also 10-46 or 10-52?
Last edited by Volcz at Mar 16, 2012,
10-52. meatier tone on them.. I find for my tastes ernie ball sounds better than the other brands too.. Im looking forward to trying out their cobalt strings..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.