Page 1 of 2
Saw this on the news a few days ago and was shocked. Didn't see anything on UG about it, so I thought I would inform my fellow UG'ers about the horrors that they put in our ground beef...if you are a vegetarian, this doesn't apply to you, so go eat your tofu burger made from green soylent.

Article: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/is-pink-slime-in-the-beef-at-your-grocery-store/

Never again will you be able to look at ground beef the same way, discuss the atrocities that man kind has just committed against ground beef and all dishes that use ground beef to create the master pieces of delight we cherish and love.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
You mean to tell me that the meat industry isn't actually looking out for the consumer? Shocking.
Check out my band Disturbed
Meh, don't wanna get too Jesse Ventura on ya but that is but a small spec of the horrible things the food companies do to us.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by hawk5211
And I care why?

Because, once you consume enough of it, it will burst fourth from your bowls, devour your body, eat your pets or parents, grow in size, and eventually consume the world and become a planet.

I cannot support this statement, but it's true.
Don't care. Hedonism, here I come.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by sebastian_96
Meh, don't wanna get too Jesse Ventura on ya but that is but a small spec of the horrible things the food companies do to us.

Mhm.

I recommend watching Food Inc.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Because, once you consume enough of it, it will burst fourth from your bowls, devour your body, eat your pets or parents, grow in size, and eventually consume the world and become a planet.

I cannot support this statement, but it's true.

explode from your bowls?
the world will become a planet?

are you drunk, ethan?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
This is why I will someday personally kill and butcher any meat I consume.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!

His flesh is churning inside your stomach right now
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by moscaespañol
explode from your bowls?
the world will become a planet?

are you drunk, ethan?

No, not in the slightest on Saint Pratricks eve, or after. Just a bit wired, only gonna get 4 hours of sleep, then sit though a 8 hour orientation for my job.

I can be funny sometimes, but really, I'm being serious here, pink slime is a crime.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Good, it was getting boring over here. Saves me from a death as a result of liver failure...

Barf reflex activated
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
This shit yet again. If you don't like it, stop eating all processed food. It's no different than eating a sausage.

It's not good for you, but it's not worse than other processed foods. If you think it's gross, well take a field trip to a slaughterhouse. It's fine to be opposed to this stuff for a number of reasons, but don't be a thoughtless hypocrite and ignore all the other food that you should be opposed to for the same reason if that's the case.

It's actually less wasteful than traditional meet processing and gets protein to people for less money.
Quote by Nelsean

Barf reflex activated

Looks pretty good, like taffy or ice cream or something. They should make pink slime flavored jelly beans, it'd be great for the kids.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Nelsean

Barf reflex activated

I ****ing love ice cream

Edit: god damn it.....
Sail upon the open skies
Guess where I shop? Publix and Whole Foods
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

so fucking old, dude

i've known about this for years, not a single fuck given now or then
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
We get organic beef at my house so no slime for me
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I think they should randomly dump this on kids on nickelodeon
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by ErikLensherr

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by RU Experienced?
Frozen yogurt =/= Ice Cream
Yet if I gave you one and told you it was the other, you'd never be able to tell if I were lying or not.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by RU Experienced?
Frozen yogurt =/= Ice Cream

stick a cone on it and you'll never even know the difference.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
stick a cone on it and you'll never even know the difference.

Quote by behind_you
Yet if I gave you one and told you it was the other, you'd never be able to tell if I were lying or not.

Y'all serious? The textures and tastes are completely different. Both are delicious, however.
Quote by Nelsean

Barf reflex activated

Hey it's chicken mcnuggets! I'll be dealing with them in a little under 5 hours.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
This shit yet again. If you don't like it, stop eating all processed food. It's no different than eating a sausage.

Pretty much this. I've been eating non processed food as much as possible for about 6 months now. I felt great after a couple weeks of that, then I started exercising every day and I pretty much feel amazing all the time.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Ya know, they also infuse like 70% of hamburger with ammonia. There's so much shit in the stuff you eat everyday I really think it's best not to worry about it, as long as it doesn't instantly kill me and it tastes good, meh.
I think I was once told that a certain percentage of feces was allowed in products regulated by the FDA or something. I don't know if it's true, but that'd be gross.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
People should know that those same chemicals are in the some of the most common food items your cute little family has been eating for years. You should just read the ingredients once in a while. Not just food, things like shampoo too.

But seriously though, I they took it to a higher level, straight up flushing meat through acid...

I can understand, eating some sort of churned meat, ok gross. But this pink slime, more like pink paste. That's just ****in' disgusting. Soylent green type of shit, except, it's soylent... pink...
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Ya know, they also infuse like 70% of hamburger with ammonia. There's so much shit in the stuff you eat everyday I really think it's best not to worry about it, as long as it doesn't instantly kill me and it tastes good, meh.

5, 10, 25, 30 years later though. Might come back to haunt you. This is especially noticeable in people who have a diet mainly consisting of things like fast food, processed food etc... Not just because of the crappy nutritional value, but also because of the hormones, and how they seriously **** your system over the years. People getting cancer later on, thinking they're old, it's normal, they were never super healthy...

Well, they weren't super healthy, BUT they probably didn't know really how bad that crap was.
Quote by sashki
What else are they gonna do with all the trimmings?

Give it to animals?

lol thatwouldbefunnyifisaidthatbutitwouldonlycomeouttothesamethinglolololzzz
Page 1 of 2