Page 1 of 3
Just waking up in the morning gotta...

Anyway yesterday was so ****ing awesome!.
I got my first car, also my guitar maintenance kit and strings arrived in the mail..

I know there is already a car thread, but let us make this one a "First Car Thread". Post pics of your first car.
My car.
2003 Ford BA XR6, payed $11,990. All up in a really good condition. Only two things wrong with it, One was that the central locking key had been lost, Went to Ford and got a new one.

The other was the passenger side door wouldn't lock. So I went to Ford and bought a brand new actuator. Installed that (bit of a **** around, had to take the door trim off, take out the old one. disconnect all the wires and repeat in reverse), Now she's all sweet. A bloody beauty.

Exterior.

Interior.

Last edited by mybanez at Mar 17, 2012,
Your steering wheel is on the wrong side bro.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Put steering while on the right side, knock off half the price.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by ChrisBW

Your country is on the wrong side of the world.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Carnivean
Put steering while on the right side, knock off half the price.

That is insane. You realize how expensive it is to have it converted? Then I would have to get permits to drive it. Also it would feel stupid driving a LHD on the left side of the road.
Ridiculously dumb.
My first car sucked and broke down after two years and I wish it was deader than it already is.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
My first car sucked and broke down after two years and I wish it was deader than it already is.

Still man you got two years before it broke down. That's pretty good.
My first vehicle was an 85 Gmc sierra. I got it from my girls mom for $100. Sound like a good deal right? Except that her granddad shot himself in it. AWKWARD.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
My first vehicle was an 85 Gmc sierra. I got it from my girls mom for $100. Sound like a good deal right? Except that her granddad shot himself in it. AWKWARD.

My mum's brother shot himself in his car. It was a ford XT GT. Now days it would be worth a shit load. But because he died in it they got rid of it, Dickheads.
Quote by mybanez
Still man you got two years before it broke down. That's pretty good.
I paid twice what it was worth.
The AC broke four times.
The heat didn't work.
I had to replace the battery twice.
The glove compartment rattled every time I went above forty.
When it broke down for good, it was in the middle of a busy road. I had to push it by myself and nobody would help me.

I can go one.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I paid twice what it was worth.
The AC broke four times.
The heat didn't work.
I had to replace the battery twice.
The glove compartment rattled every time I went above forty.
When it broke down for good, it was in the middle of a busy road. I had to push it by myself and nobody would help me.

I can go one.

Sounds like a beast!
don't have one, don't want one either. Public transport is great here to get wherever you want
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
You got an XR6 for your first car? How loaded are you?

I've had 5 first cars. Currently only drive two of them, the rest are either sold or broken. In order:

1980 245DL Volvo. Blew up on a drive home from work one very, very hot afternoon:

Second car, a 1977 280SE Mercedes, which I still drive as a registered classic. This car is my pride and joy:

Third car, a 1992 Range Rover Classic. This one was a gift from dad, which he eventually ended up deciding he liked better than his current car, so he took it:

...which landed me with dad's old car, a 1994 Land Rover V8i. It was eventually sold:

And now my current car, a 1988 Ford Falcon GL. By far, the most reliable and powerful car I've owned. I use it as my daily driver and I love it. It's simple, not very fancy and the head unit is rooted, but I still love her. ♥

Quote by element4433

I can go one.

That's awful. I'm always afraid something like that is going to happen to me.

When I got my first job in summer 2010 after I graduated high school, around Thanksgiving I started saving up all my money. I saved up for a few months and bought a silver 2001 Mazda 626 off craigslist. Paid $3000 in full. 114,000 miles. Now there's like 123,000.

Nothing too wrong with it, a couple dents in the side, back bumper has cracks in it. Had to replace something in the wheel because it was making a loud humming noise (i have no idea I'm awful with cars, my dad did it)

but overall I feel I paid a good amount and it's held up nicely for just driving to work and back every day.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

Not at all loaded. But my parents have mountains of money. You've had some cool cars Mainly the Range Rover and the Merc!
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
Woah woah, a 2003 falcon for 11k! It better have UNDER 100,000 kms to it.

I don't know where you think you'll find one with full service history All original, one owner and really good condition for under 11? Its not an XT is an XR, that adds on a bit.
Quote by Ignite
That's awful. I'm always afraid something like that is going to happen to me.

When I got my first job in summer 2010 after I graduated high school, around Thanksgiving I started saving up all my money. I saved up for a few months and bought a silver 2001 Mazda 626 off craigslist. Paid $3000 in full. 114,000 miles. Now there's like 123,000.

Nothing too wrong with it, a couple dents in the side, back bumper has cracks in it. Had to replace something in the wheel because it was making a loud humming noise (i have no idea I'm awful with cars, my dad did it)

but overall I feel I paid a good amount and it's held up nicely for just driving to work and back every day.

**** It's traveled some distance. Can't believe a 626 is still going after all that.
Quote by mybanez
Not at all loaded. But my parents have mountains of money.

What the hell does this mean?
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
What the hell does this mean?

It means I have very little money but my parents have ridiculous amounts.
Quote by mybanez
Not at all loaded. But my parents have mountains of money. You've had some cool cars Mainly the Range Rover and the Merc!

Cheers man. Yeah, me and the Rangey have had some really great memories. I used to drive it everywhere. The Merc is also very special to me. I can't drive it too often though, since it's registered as a classic, not a regular car. It's pretty much in perfect condition, though.
Quote by ChrisBW

This like a million and one timez.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Cheers man. Yeah, me and the Rangey have had some really great memories. I used to drive it everywhere. The Merc is also very special to me. I can't drive it too often though, since it's registered as a classic, not a regular car. It's pretty much in perfect condition, though.

Yeah I could see the Merc is in really good condition. I'm really hoping with this XR that I can get a few (4-5) years out of it. I'm not your standard P plate driver. I don't modify I've always loved cars that are original, Probably the most I'll do to it is give it a tune up. Not gonna put 20 inch rims, a fart can and drop it on is ass like most P platers do.
BTW what does registered classic mean?
Quote by mybanez
Yeah I could see the Merc is in really good condition. I'm really hoping with this XR that I can get a few (4-5) years out of it. I'm not your standard P plate driver. I don't modify I've always loved cars that are original, Probably the most I'll do to it is give it a tune up. Not gonna put 20 inch rims, a fart can and drop it on is ass like most P platers do.
BTW what does registered classic mean?

I push my Falcon every now and then, but it's had everything reconditioned and it has a hell of a lot of power. I drive the Merc like an old man, though.

A registered classic is a car that's been inspected to be all original and in roadworthy condition and is registered 'as a classic'. Basically, I pay $55 for a year's worth of rego (compared to roughly $900 a year for regular rego). The catch is, I can only drive it around 40 days a year, which I don't get anywhere near anyway, and I have to make sure it has decent insurance.

EDIT: It also has to be over certain age, 30-35 years, I think.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I push my Falcon every now and then, but it's had everything reconditioned and it has a hell of a lot of power. I drive the Merc like an old man, though.

A registered classic is a car that's been inspected to be all original and in roadworthy condition and is registered 'as a classic'. Basically, I pay $55 for a year's worth of rego (compared to roughly $900 a year for regular rego). The catch is, I can only drive it around 40 days a year, which I don't get anywhere near anyway, and I have to make sure it has decent insurance.

Ahh alright. Whats the insurance cost you a year?
Mine is $1550, Yeah it's a fair bit but you've gotta have it.
Quote by King Donkey
I haven't got a car yet, but when I do...

...it will be a green one.

What sort of green one?

That's a women explaining a car!
Women "I saw a car i liked today".
Man " Oh what sort?"
Women " A blue one"
Man ""
Quote by mybanez
What sort of green one?

That's a women explaining a car!
Women "I saw a car i liked today".
Man " Oh what sort?"
Women " A blue one"
Man ""

Fair point. I asked someone what colour they would call that green car that I liked and they looked at me as though I'm crazy.

I like lime green but not too bright. Something like what Mazda calls 'spirited green metallic'. http://www.mazda.com.au/vehicles/mazda2/colours#96D6F312-8EF9-4A6C-ABE8-65952EA46280/6

I don't know anything about cars, so that one could be terrible for all I know. I just used it as a way of showing colour.
West Ham United
Quote by mybanez
Ahh alright. Whats the insurance cost you a year?
Mine is $1550, Yeah it's a fair bit but you've gotta have it.

For a year, it's not cheap. Easily over $1,000. I only register in 3 month bursts though. Costs me about $200 for 3 months of rego.

The original pussy wagon.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter

The original pussy wagon.

Don't call yourself a pussy man, have some confidence.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

I've had 5 first cars. Currently only drive two of them, the rest are either sold or broken. In order:

1980 245DL Volvo. Blew up on a drive home from work one very, very hot afternoon:

Second car, a 1977 280SE Mercedes, which I still drive as a registered classic. This car is my pride and joy:

Third car, a 1992 Range Rover Classic. This one was a gift from dad, which he eventually ended up deciding he liked better than his current car, so he took it:

...which landed me with dad's old car, a 1994 Land Rover V8i. It was eventually sold:

And now my current car, a 1988 Ford Falcon GL. By far, the most reliable and powerful car I've owned. I use it as my daily driver and I love it. It's simple, not very fancy and the head unit is rooted, but I still love her. ♥

Dem cars.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by King Donkey
Fair point. I asked someone what colour they would call that green car that I liked and they looked at me as though I'm crazy.

I like lime green but not too bright. Something like what Mazda calls 'spirited green metallic'. http://www.mazda.com.au/vehicles/mazda2/colours#96D6F312-8EF9-4A6C-ABE8-65952EA46280/6

I don't know anything about cars, so that one could be terrible for all I know. I just used it as a way of showing colour.

I wouldn't call any modern car a bad car really. Just some aren't as cool as others. They will basically all give over 200,000kms before they pack it in. They've all got electrics, if you spend over $15,000 these days you will get a good car.
My first car that I financed myself, blew the motor a week before the warranty would have expired, so they put in a newer engine with only 20,000 miles on it. Had it for a week, some drunk chick ran a light, and totalled it on me. Had a near death experience in that awful crash. She was going eighty when she t-boned me.

I miss my Supra sooo much. That car could race.

Stock reproduction picture only so don't bother looking up my plates.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by jetfuel495
If Ford gave America some of the cars it gives Australia and Europe, they wouldn't be so shit.

Or at least I'd like them better.

Which usually equates to the same thing.

Yeah Ford Australia make pretty cool cars. Check out the 1968 XT GT, beauty. All American cars are ugly heaps of shit. I cannot for the life of me think of a good one, maybe the IROC-Z but that's about it.
Page 1 of 3