I'm gonna be buying 2 line jack instrument cables.
Who makes the good stuff?

I was looking at some of the monstercable stuff
Are they good?Or is it just hype?
The title of this thread is pretty funny - I think you mean the best cable $30 can buy...

Frankly any cable in that price range should be alright, its all personal preference really, I use planet waves and have for years, they are good, durable, affordable and have lifetime warranty.
Don't buy any longer than you need.
I have a planet waves cable and I'm satisfied with it. Haven't tried anything else though.
I really like switchcraft. It's made of voidless copper, and you can service them yourself if they break.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
IMO monster is way overpriced. They don't employ magic tone fairies in the factory, they just use good materials and solid construction with a lifetime warranty... but so do a lot of other companies. The upside to monster is that you can go to any guitar center in the world and just swap them out, no questions asked. You don't have to mail them back, and wait for a replacement.

I had a sales guy at guitar center give me a monster cable and say "now hear how it sounds like I just took a wet blanket off the amp?".... I didn't. It sounded exactly the same. Some swear they hear a difference, but it seems like a bunch of cork sniffery to me

check monoprice.com

for the price of one 15' monster cable you can probably buy 10 from monoprice, and they make solid cables. I have a whole pile of crappy cables around the house, and some day soon I'm going to put an order in with them and replace every one of them.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
lava cables. i have the blue demons. they're awesome. lifetime warranty as well. and reasonably priced. and monster cables are way overrated and way overpriced. the company is also a piece of shit.
Quote by jpatan
I had a sales guy at guitar center give me a monster cable and say "now hear how it sounds like I just took a wet blanket off the amp?".... I didn't. It sounded exactly the same. Some swear they hear a difference, but it seems like a bunch of cork sniffery to me

I totally agree, there is no real audible difference unless your old cable was a bit of string with tin cans on either end. Maybe, just maybe you will get a little less noise and slightly more definition but that heavily depends on everything else in your signal chain being high quality and squeaky clean.

I think the big difference is when you hit a 30' cable, run a couple of cabs over it, unplug and re-plug it a few hundred times, coil it up and generally abuse it... that will destroy a generic cable - frankly I am amazed at what my planet wave cables have withstood.
You don't have to mail them back, and wait for a replacement.
Quote by zero
The title of this thread is pretty funny - I think you mean the best cable $30 can buy...

Frankly any cable in that price range should be alright, its all personal preference really, I use planet waves and have for years, they are good, durable, affordable and have lifetime warranty.
Don't buy any longer than you need.

This. Personally I've used both Monster and DiMarzio and am very satisfied with the durability of both. I have to agree that there is no audible difference between cables in this price range and that durability should be your biggest concern. That being said, I've had both brands of cable for over 4 yrs and have never had a problem with either.
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
i use monster because i can get them cheap and there are 5 stores i can just walk into, hand them the cable, and walk out with a new one when one fails.

it's more about the convenience for me. i kill cables somehow.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.