Hi, I've found this amp on Gear 4 Music, the Belcat Tube H50R. My first Impression was that it would be a piece of crap, but reading the specs, it comes with Electro Harmonix tubes, and looks pretty cool. But the price makes me suspicious...

Here's a link to the amp
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Belcat-Tube-H50R-50w-Valve-Guitar-Amp-Head/G37

It looks as if my amp head budget has been dramatically cut, down to £300 tops :'(
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Can you try it out?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
^+1

If you can play it, do it. If not, I would be pretty wary.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Eppicurt
Can you try it out?

I don't think so, it only sells at Gear 4 Music, and York is a bit far just to try out an amp.
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Any clips? Don't buy it because it's cheap. Look used as well, you can find some really nice amps for your price range. What're genres are you playing? Where are you located?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
belcats are copies of other amps. they do a copy of the fender 15g (i think thats the name) and theyre actually okay
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
It advertises a 14 day money back....I'd say if it sounds crappy you might be out shipping costs.. Maybe...

Give it a shot... Let us know how it sounds...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Eppicurt
Any clips? Don't buy it because it's cheap. Look used as well, you can find some really nice amps for your price range. What're genres are you playing? Where are you located?

No clips. I play a lot of genre's, but I really want a Marshally kinda tone.
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Well I have no idea what it sounds like. And with a budget of 300 (I dunno, UK people tell me if I'm talking crap) you won't really get a nice Marshall at that price.
Look at Jet City, Laney GH/GL series. You might be able to find a JCM800 for 300 (maybe) because I'd imagine Marshall's are cheaper in the UK area. Unless you don't live in the UK.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
If you want a good Marshally tone for cheap and you only need a head, look at the Blackheart BH15H Handsome devil. It is only 199 GBP. And 15 watts is plenty loud for giging

At Thomann yberstore
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by Robbgnarly
If you want a good Marshally tone for cheap and you only need a head, look at the Blackheart BH15H Handsome devil. It is only 199 GBP. And 15 watts is plenty loud for giging

At Thomann yberstore

If you want cleans it's not.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
He said marshall sound, so I figred the marshall crunch is what he wants
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
They are definitely professional quality amps, despite the low price. I had recently aquired the Tube 20R combo, which is essentially the smaller combo of this head, and it has a truly beautiful and great sound!
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Double post,and I can't delete it
]
Last edited by falcon1439 at Mar 20, 2012,
Quote by Gear4Music
Why not try this amazing amp on our 14 day money back guarantee. If you do not like it, we will be happy to give your money back in full!

They're definitely genuine. They're based in york, so if you live near there just hand it in yourself if you don't like it. If you're ages away I'm sure they'll refund your postage,their customer support is great.
Give it a shot and report back please
]
Last edited by falcon1439 at Mar 20, 2012,
That seems a very good deal, they are selling (or at least asking) $600 here in the states for that unit.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^+1

Although if you are really aiming for a marshally sound, I'm not sure that those 6L6's will get you all that close. I don't have any idea what this amp sounds like though, so I could be wrong.