hey guys, so i currently have 2 eminence swamp things and 2 texas heats in my cab, i love the punch of the swamp things but id like a little more clarity and high end out of the other 2 speakers. i was thinking of getting 2 eminence red white and blues cause i heard they were the american voiced celestion v30 rival. is that true? and any suggestions? o and my amp head is 120w all tube btw. idk if that matters
WGS Veteran 30
Eminence Governor

I cant say I have had any experience with any of the Red,White and Blues speakers that I am aware of
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
hey guys, so i currently have 2 eminence swamp things and 2 texas heats in my cab, i love the punch of the swamp things but id like a little more clarity and high end out of the other 2 speakers. i was thinking of getting 2 eminence red white and blues cause i heard they were the american voiced celestion v30 rival. is that true? and any suggestions? o and my amp head is 120w all tube btw. idk if that matters

exactly what model is your amp, i'm guessing its either a 5150 or 6505 or at least peavy based just from the 120watts thing.

what genre are you playing too, that will help significantly. until then, all i can say is V30s work for metal and most rock and that i dont know much about the other speakers you've mentioned
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
bugera 6262, i play hard rock, metal, blues, alot of metallica pantera srv gnr kenny waye sheppard alice in chains type stuff
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
bugera 6262, i play hard rock, metal, blues, alot of metallica pantera srv gnr kenny waye sheppard alice in chains type stuff

V30s are probably the best option then. Whilst not the perfect for the SRV stuff everything else you mentioned should sound great with them.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
ooo no i wouldn't go with red white and blues for that

if anything they're darker than the texas heat (though less chunky on the bass) and less modern-sounding too, i'm not sure how they'd sound with a swamp thing (which i haven't tried). I could be way off, but i'd have strong suspicions a red, white and blues combined with a swamp thang would sound way worse than what you already have (and the ST + TH is one of eminence's celebrated combos, they're meant to work well together).

i've got both (though i'm not sure either has broken in yet). i'm not sure a r, w and b sounds anything like a v30, to be honest.

will just give my stock recommendation i always do regarding eminence- email them. they won't recommend any other speaker brands (obviously), but they do know their own speakers better than anyone.

EDIT: *waits for eminence reply where they recommend a red, white and blues*
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by Dave_Mc
ooo no i wouldn't go with red white and blues for that

if anything they're darker than the texas heat (though less chunky on the bass) and less modern-sounding too, i'm not sure how they'd sound with a swamp thing (which i haven't tried). I could be way off, but i'd have strong suspicions a red, white and blues combined with a swamp thang would sound way worse than what you already have (and the ST + TH is one of eminence's celebrated combos, they're meant to work well together).

i've got both (though i'm not sure either has broken in yet). i'm not sure a r, w and b sounds anything like a v30, to be honest.

will just give my stock recommendation i always do regarding eminence- email them. they won't recommend any other speaker brands (obviously), but they do know their own speakers better than anyone.

EDIT: *waits for eminence reply where they recommend a red, white and blues*

you sir, are a good man

Edit: just to clarify, i'd say the rw+b is warm, rather than dark. however, while the treble of the TH is rolled off a bit, there's still a little bit of treble and sparkle there. with the rw+b it's almost completely rolled off- it's almost jazzy in that respect.

that's based on my limited experience, though- i've only got both recently.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
....good one

no I actually posted that because I'm getting two of the 6's. To pair with my little gem.

Not completely retarded troll, just mostly retarded...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
retarded question but, can i use 2 different speaker companies together? like 2 eminence and 2 celestion?
don't see why not

whether or not they'll actually sound good together is another thing, of course (not saying they won't, just to clarify)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?