I've been looking at amps for a couple months now, and after playing dozens of them, I think I've found the one I want. The Fender Vintage Reissue '65 Twin Reverb Guitar Amp is the exact sound I've been looking for. Problem is, it's really friggin loud. 85 watts of tube power is way more than I need, and I'm afraid I'm gonna have the volume down around 1 or 2 and not have enough going on in the tubes to get that awesome sound I'm spending so much money on.

They also make the Fender Vintage Reissue '65 Deluxe Reverb Guitar Combo Amp which from what I can tell is the exact same, only 22 watts. Of course, I'm worried that 22 watts isn't going to be enough.

Does anyone know if Fender makes something in between (maybe around 35-40 watts)? I can't seem to find anything.
Mustang II. 40 watts.

I know it's not that tube construction you want, but I do know a guy who gigs with one and it sounds great. He used to use a Fender tube tweed amp (maybe a Blues Jr?) but this sounds a lot better and has no problem cutting through the mix with loud drummers, basses, keyboards, and harmonicas.

You could also run a good MFX pedal through it and the Twin will warm it up. Sometimes I do that with my GNX4 and a Marshall tube half-stack, but the GNX4 sounds good enough on it's own that I can just plug it in direct to the PA. Basically I don't bother bringing the half-stack along unless we have to bring the trailer to transport drums, too.
Depends on what you are going for. If you are after a Twin's clean sound then it doesn't really matter if you have it turned down, it will still deliver.
People don't really buy the Deluxe to get pristine cleans, they get them to get what they sound like cranked and in which case they are plenty loud enough.
What do you want?

You can also run 6V6's (JJ handle the voltages well) in a Twin to get you a bit more breakup at lower volumes. That is a great compromise and a trick that works exceedingly well. That may be the best solution for you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm definitely going for the Twin's clean sound. I'm rarely a fan of the built in overdrive or effects in amps so I've got my sounds covered with pedals.

Dumb question.... if I have it turned down and am still getting that nice clean sound, will that affect the sounds I'm getting from my pedals while running through the clean channel?

I haven't actually played the Deluxe. I just assumed it was the same as the Twin (which you're saying it's not?), just less power. Guess I need to find one to try out and see what it sounds like cranked.
If your pedal is a clean boost then the volume will make some difference, otherwise no.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification