I noticed when I strum on the acoustic, my upper arm/bicep area seem to move quite a bit. It moves in a sort of twisty/rolly motion. My rhythm is pretty good in general and I mainly try and strum with the wrist, but I just seem to be having a few minor problems with some rhythms. The movement doesnt seem to happen in my other arm when I make the same motion. I'm curious to know if any good strummers here experience this movement when they strum and how much your upper arm moves/twists/rolls.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to eliminate the problems. If I believe this isn't the problem, I know its just a matter of more practice. If I believe it is, I know I have to try and stop the motion and keep my upper arm dead still before I go on.

I am asking this in relation to the acoustic guitar, not electric.

Cheers
Your wrist is connected to the forearm, which is connected to the upper arm, which is connected to the shoulder blade etc. The movement shouldn't be stopped (or enforced), it should be allowed. Stopping any part of your body from moving tenses up some muscles and when picking/strumming you make way too many repetitions for any unnecessary tension.

So if it's moving naturally and your picking is relaxed and controlled, I don't think it's a problem.
I know I have to try and stop the motion and keep my upper arm dead still before I go on.
yeah thanks unrelaxed for the reply. Sometimes it just feels like the extra movement creates more sloppiness and makes it not feel as natural. Suppose ill just keep strumming away and try staying relaxed