Just a quick question, how would I go about de-fretting a 21 fret old strat copy?

I plan on filling the gaps with a sawdust/epoxy filler.

Just wanting a cheap fretless to mess around with

thanks.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
use a stanley blade to gently pry away the fre tfrom the board.
then use End cutting pliers to pull them off
There was a post on this a couple of months ago, and I found this post really helpful

realbebop;

Soldering Iron is absolutely the best way to go in this scenario. Damage the fretboard?? what are you talking about? You have a higher risk of tearing out chunks of wood without heating the frets first. Make sure with electric guitars, you only use a soldering iron, as a soldering gun could, quite possibly, damage and demagnetize the pickups. Use a split tip, or chisel tip soldering iron to slowly heat up the length of the fret while following with a fret puller, if you hear it crackling as you pull up, it probably means you need to let it heat up the fret a tad bit more. Any chip out can be filled with left over dust, assuming you decide to level the fretboard (which you will have to in order to retain the original radius after filling the fret slots).
Once the frets are pulled out, dam up the slots and fill any chip-out with superglue and dust (assuming it's a rosewood fretboard.) It is at this point that, I myself, would use a dremel to evenly clean each slot to original depth, removing any excess glue from the original frets. I then would measure the width of the slots and fill them with shims of my choice and glue.
Chisel any excess shim being careful to not gouge the fretboard. If you think you can bring them flush, by all means go for it. Next, I would check for relief and adjust your truss so the neck is as close to dead straight as you can get it. Mark of the fretboard with a wax cran thoroughly. Begin the process of reestablishing your original radius with an 80 grit leveling block. Once all remnants of the wax cran are gone, remark the fretboard and use a 240 grit leveling bar until the wax cran is gone. I like to check every once in a while with my radius gauge to make sure i'm not losing my radius.
Once the fretboard is level, you can now clean it up with 320 grit, 400 grit, and 600 grit by hand, or if you prefer, use a razorblade to bring it to ship and shape. The last step is 0000 steel wool.

Now you can begin fitting your nut and adjusting your saddles.
Sorry if this post is a bit vague, I'm in a hurry to class, and don't really have too much time.
Hope this helps,
and good luck!
Get the fret remover from stewmac, and haul them off after heating them one by one with a soldering iron. Put tape around every slot, then fill with dust/thin superglue. Sand the whole fretboard flush with a block or carefully follow the radius, up to 220 then apply a coat of epoxy on it then sand that flat. You can polish it up to gloss then if you want.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Get a cheap set of cutters like these http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/377341-front-cutters-1204753.html
You can find them at hardware stores for literally $2 if not cheaper at times. Then grind the top of the till they are flat. Then get a soldering iron with a flat tip, slide the soldering iron across the top of the fret you are pulling to heat it up *this weakens the glue and does help prevent chipping* then pull the fret.

For filling the notches just take some popsickle sticks and glue them into the slots, then trim them down so they are nearly flush with the fretboard. After that is all over then just use a radiused sanding block and give the fretboard the radius you want. Then apply what ever type of finish you want weather it be a gloss or satin.
thanks guys!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

hmmm..harder than anticipated..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

One last question: Do you all recommend finishing the fretboard with some type of satin/oil finish?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

nope! Use epoxy so the strings dont leave grooves in the fretboard, unless its ebony.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.