i have an ibanez rg370dx. what i want to know is that when bending or using the whammy bar is the guitar supposed to stay 100% in tune? when i bend and check the tuning through a chromatic tuner the tuning goes a little sharp or flat.
If it has a floating tremolo system (ie. a Floyd Rose), bending a string temporarily lowers all other strings. This is meant to happen, it's just the design of the bridge.
What do you expect the bar to do then? Nothing?

Unless you're saying it goes sharp or flat AFTER using the trem bar, then that's different. If that's the case, invest in some locking tuners or a locking nut.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Its supposed to return to tune, yes.

If you do a dive, end it by pulling up a little bit, and vice versa.
Works on my 370dx. Knife edges are pretty cheap.
u mean if i pull the whammy bar ill have to push it everytime for the tuning to return?
Quote by danyal92
u mean if i pull the whammy bar ill have to push it everytime for the tuning to return?

Uhh... I think some people in thread didn't understand what you were originally asking...

When you move the tremolo arm, it reduces or increases tension along all of the strings. There are several springs beneath the tremolo that match the string tension so the tremolo "floats."

When you release the tremolo arm, the spring and string tensions equalize and the strings should return to normal tuning. If after a few bends, your strings are changing tuning, you might want to double check a few things:

1) Make sure the strings are secured tightly in the tuners- make sure to loop one string end under while putting on new strings to anchor them in place so they don't slip.

2) Do you have a locking nut? It would help.

3) If your strings are brand new, they will take time to stretch out properly under tension. This doesn't take too long, but don't expect immediate results.

4) Is your tremolo set up properly? Make sure you don't have uneven tension on the springs in the back- it will make the action and tremolo angled and anything cocked at an angle will wear unevenly too.

5) Make sure the strings are secured in the tremolo block (clamp type like in a FR)

Let me know if this helps!
Quote by danyal92

Yes. And CV I understand fully. Lrn2edge3.