I have a question about my Vox v847 wah, which I just purchased. Basically, the manual that came with it says that I should take off the back panel and put in a 9V battery, but the problem is I can`t figure out where it`s supposed to go!?

Also, for an AC adapter, does anyone know if it`s ok if I use a Dunlop Crybaby AC adapter on my vox wah?

And finally, what AC adapters will work on my Big Muff Pi w/ tone wicker?? (without damaging it at all or compromising it`s sound)

Sorry for all the questions, but it`s killing me!!!!

Edit: I just looked on the box and the model number is actually V845, if that makes any difference - probably not.
Last edited by asshle33 at Mar 17, 2012,
To get to the 9V battery on the Vox, you have to remove the 4 screws that hold on the 4 rubber feet on the bottom. The back cover will come off and there will be the cavity for the battery.

I think it's okay to use the other wah AC adaptor as long as it is 9V.

Never had a muff pedal, so I can't help you out there.
Matt-
Black Gibson SG - Gibson Dirty Fingers Coil Split/ Seymour Duncan 59' HB
Brown Satin Gibson SG - Seymour Duncan Invader
Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat
Epiphone Electric Accoustic
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Any centre negative 9V AC to DC adaptor will work for either of those pedals.

And there should be a battery snap at the bottom of the wah, with some foam around it to stop the rattling.
Quote by Sampy
Any centre negative 9V AC to DC adaptor will work for either of those pedals.

And there should be a battery snap at the bottom of the wah, with some foam around it to stop the rattling.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

The battery snap was actually stuck underneath the green circuitboard so that's why I didn't see it initially.

thank you thank you thank you thank you
Quote by thetalonguy
To get to the 9V battery on the Vox, you have to remove the 4 screws that hold on the 4 rubber feet on the bottom. The back cover will come off and there will be the cavity for the battery.

I think it's okay to use the other wah AC adaptor as long as it is 9V.

Never had a muff pedal, so I can't help you out there.

Thanks for your response as well. For some reason the website did not show your post until after Sampy's, even though it appears you posted first.

So what AC adapter do you use for your Vox Wah? The only reason I ask is because I've heard sometimes you can harm pedals by using the wrong AC adapter, and I'm not talking about using a 15V on a 9V jack or something because it's obvious you shouldn't do that. I'm talking about certain 9V's on 9V jacks. I also heard the "mA" number makes a big difference. I just don't wanna wreck my pedals.
Different pedals draw different currents (measured in mA, milliamps), but they don't draw more than they need. As long as the number of mA the adaptor provides exceeds what the pedal needs then you'll be fine.

Most pedals use a negative centre power supply.

I power most of my pedals using a Visual Sound OneSpot, which I recommend if you plan on getting any more pedals. Batteries are a pain and having loads of adaptors means they eventually take up more room than your pedals!
Quote by Sampy
Different pedals draw different currents (measured in mA, milliamps), but they don't draw more than they need. As long as the number of mA the adaptor provides exceeds what the pedal needs then you'll be fine.

Most pedals use a negative centre power supply.

I power most of my pedals using a Visual Sound OneSpot, which I recommend if you plan on getting any more pedals. Batteries are a pain and having loads of adaptors means they eventually take up more room than your pedals!

Yeah, that would be pretty useful. I actually recently ordered a Behringer PB600 Pedal board for about $100. It comes with all the cords you need and shit. Hopefully, that will do the trick because I always get so frustrated with all my cords running every which way.
Quote by asshle33
Thanks for your response as well. For some reason the website did not show your post until after Sampy's, even though it appears you posted first.

So what AC adapter do you use for your Vox Wah? The only reason I ask is because I've heard sometimes you can harm pedals by using the wrong AC adapter, and I'm not talking about using a 15V on a 9V jack or something because it's obvious you shouldn't do that. I'm talking about certain 9V's on 9V jacks. I also heard the "mA" number makes a big difference. I just don't wanna wreck my pedals.

I bought a universal 9v plug from GC that works on my pedals. Never had a problem.
Matt-
Black Gibson SG - Gibson Dirty Fingers Coil Split/ Seymour Duncan 59' HB
Brown Satin Gibson SG - Seymour Duncan Invader
Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat
Epiphone Electric Accoustic
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah