Hello, I own a Peavey Bandit 112, Transtube series, and was looking for advice on a 2x12 cab that I could use for it. The amp uses 1 12" speaker, as it's a combo, which is 80 Watts and 8 Ohms. Using an external speaker cabinet, it can run 100 Watts with a minimum of 8 Ohms. What would be a suitable 2x12 cab that is 100 Watts and 8 Ohms?
Harley benton 2x12 Vintage
Jet City 2x12
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Cheers, that's led me in the right direction. I see it doesn't have to be exactly 100 Watts, though the impedance is much more important to consider getting right.
Does it use the built-in speaker when you hook up an external cab? Cause, if so, then you could get a ~50W 112 cab. I think I remember it using both and then running at 4 ohms... Idk, its st patricks day and my advice might not be the best...
Quote by &baconstrips
Does it use the built-in speaker when you hook up an external cab? Cause, if so, then you could get a ~50W 112 cab. I think I remember it using both and then running at 4 ohms... Idk, its st patricks day and my advice might not be the best...

I don't think it does, though getting a 2x12 cab is a sure way to find out. It says "External Speaker" So it may use both the combo's speaker and the cab's two speakers but I'm not sure at the moment.
If it uses the internal speaker at the same time as the cab, you owe me a guiness.

EDIT: I just noticed this is in GB&C, it should probably be moved to GG&A, you'll get more answers.
Last edited by &baconstrips at Mar 18, 2012,