hey
right now, I have 10-46 Daddario in Drop D right now on my ESP viper, and I really want to go down a half-step (Drop C#), but my low 3 strings (the wounded strings) are WAY too loose for my style, so Im getting D'addario 11-49 from a friend of mine. I know that you have to adjust the truss rod for changing string gauges, but I dont know how much, or which way. So my question is: which way do I turn the truss rod and how much do i turn?
I doubt you would have to adjust the truss rod if its just to 49's. Those are a pretty average string gauge and since you're also detuning a tad on top of that the string tension wouldn't be tight enough to bend the neck so you should be fine.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I know the feeling OP, it's pretty hard to find shirts that say "i molest old people" on so i pretty much have to go around naked
Quote by Thrash.aholic
I doubt you would have to adjust the truss rod if its just to 49's. Those are a pretty average string gauge and since you're also detuning a tad on top of that the string tension wouldn't be tight enough to bend the neck so you should be fine.

ok thanks for the help dude
If your going to C# you might want to get something just a bit heavier such as 11 - 52. And for that you most likely wont have to adjust the truss rod and if you do its going to be minimal and not something you HAVE to do.