Traded my 96 AVRI52 telecaster for a 96 AVRI62 stratocaster yesterday.

Saw this one pop up on the local 2nd hand market and couldn't resist. The owner happend to be looking for something else and agreed to do a 1 on 1 swap with my telecaster. All we did was swap guitars since our cases where the same anyway

The guitar has been in his possession since 98 and the guitar was been played on for a long time. The hardware and finish has started to yellow and the guitar is full of scratches and dimples. I don't mind because imo a strat should look abused.

Tested her out unplugged because testing a guitar plugged is like buying a house based on the furniture of the previous owner. Pickups can be swapped to taste and you'll need your own amp to be able to judge that. All I cared about was that the guitar had to be alive and sound good unplugged because that's something you can't compensate with hardware. The guitar just wants to sing with every note you throw at it. I've had a fair share of guitar that did they seemed to be picky on what kind of notes you played, this one wants them all!

The neck is absolutely perfect and doesn't stick like my telecaster used to do when I hadn't played it for a couple of hours. The weight is just right, a bit heavier than my hw1 strat and def a lot lighter than my telecaster(that weight more than 4kg).

The pickups are very clear and funky sounding. They aren't bad at all but I'll be swapping them out for a set of single coils with more balls and bottom end. Not sure which set I'll be going for but there's a set of bare knuckle irish tour pickups for sale 2nd hand which look nice(anyone had any experience with these pickups?). Wiring will be adjusted to 50's wiring once I buy the new pickups and I'm hard at work trying to find a nice pinup girl for on the body

Already cleaned the fretboard with some lemon oil and put some heavier string on her(the 010 strings that the previous owner used felt like rubber bands) and she plays like an absolute dream!

Some quick pictures:

gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
That last picture looks like it came from an advertisement, both guitars are absolutely beautiful! Have fun and HNGD!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
I'll take a black pickguard with that, and the bill.

Thank you.

PD: HNGD!! It's (quoting Jim Carrey) "B-E-A-UTIFUL"
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
@BlindNematode: thanks!

@SupahStrat: Might be an option. Also considering getting a tortoise pick guard
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Found out what that weird white spot on the upper horn was today: correction fluid that covered natural play wear(seems like the previous owner liked to hang his guitar low). Removed it all because the white from the correction fluid looked weird against the olympic white and I like a natural relic
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Your thread title is my new Sig. Strat men for life, be we! HNGD!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Here's a pic after I scratched off all the correction fluid:

What was that guy thinking?

@JustRooster:
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Wow, what a great guitar! HNGD!
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Just ordered a bunch of pinup water decals and I've got a set of bare knuckle irish tour pickups on their way
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat