Ive been looking at the mesa dual recs and mesa roadsters, not sure which would be best for me ill manly be using it for brutal death metal/death core so the highest gain channels are really important but im also going to be running it in my studio so versatility is nice. Is the 3 and 4 channels the same on the roadster as 2 and 3 on the dual rec?
I hear the two channel Dual Rec's sound the best but thats just what iv'e heard, never really spent enough time with either to be able to tell.

They are both great amps and either one should do the job fine
If I had a choice, definitely the roadster.

The channels are close, but I've only ever heard that the roadster's 3&4 sound better than the regular rectos. This is not including the old 2 channel rectos though. But for the newer 3 channels, the roadster always gets higher opinions.

Plus, the roadster has a really good clean channel. Which will make it a more versatile studio amp.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Unless you need a lot of versatility, I'd go for a 2 channel Recto over the Roadster any day of the week.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
doesn't the roadster also allow you to select how many power tubes are in use at any one time?
Quote by dimetime94
I dont want to go used so its pretty much tree channel recto or roadster

Why?

Just curious. You could get so much more for your money buying used, but I understand some people have concern doing so.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The security of knowing that theres nothing wrong with it and to not worry about having to get tubes replaced.
Quote by dimetime94
The security of knowing that theres nothing wrong with it and to not worry about having to get tubes replaced.

Tubes are like lightbulbs, they can go any time really. But still its worth saving the extra bucks going used, because chances are there is nothing wrong with it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Roadster > 3 channel Recto

2 Channel Recto > Roadster (FOR HIGH GAIN)

basically, do you need any versatility?? the 2 channel recto is pretty much the king of high gain amps, you can pick them up for around or even under $1000. It doesn't have great cleans, i would say that the 3 channels beat it in that respect, but it owns everything else in every way when it comes to gain. I would get the roadster if you're wanting to be versatile, but if all you want is a decent usable clean and pure awesome gain then get a 2 channel recto.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
itd be nice to have some versatility but the high gain is whats most important, so comparing the dual rec three channel and roadster what has the best gain channel out of the two and is the roadsters gain channel still similar with the same type of aspects and tone to the normal 3 channel recto?
Quote by dimetime94
itd be nice to have some versatility but the high gain is whats most important, so comparing the dual rec three channel and roadster what has the best gain channel out of the two and is the roadsters gain channel still similar with the same type of aspects and tone to the normal 3 channel recto?

channels 3 and 4 on the roadster are the same as channels 2 and 3 on the 3 channel rectos. The Roadster is however tighter than the 3 channels

i still think you're being a little naive in not looking for a 2 channel, you'd get a better sound and save a shit ton of cash
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.