So my volume know on my bridge pickup seems to be having a problem. Even if it's all the way to zero it's still pretty loud. When you start turning it up it doesn't really affect the sound until it's gets to 7 and then gets real loud. Does this sound like a wiring problem? I also have a lot of static when i touch anywhere on the back of the neck or body. Could these problems be related? Would you take into the shop for this? I'm leary of taking it in because i'm worried they'll ruin the nitro finish.
nah, it's the the characteristics of some pots. my ibanez is the same way
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by IronMaiden76
nah, it's the the characteristics of some pots. my ibanez is the same way

It's characteristic of a bad or poorly wired pot. I've had it happen before when I soldered the wrong wire in my guitar, I ended up accidentally hot-rodding it so the volume was always up.

Just re-solder the wires or replace the pot yourself if you can. It'll be a lot cheaper than paying someone else to do it.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Of course you should take your guitar in!! There is obvious a big problem and you'll enjoy your guitar much more afterwards.

Why would you be worried about your finish? You don't even touch the body when changing pickups. You just take of the strings and the cover on the back/pick guard and get going. And anyway, to worry about your finish when your guitar is Obviously ****ed uP is just stupid.
if you're worried about the shop ruining a guitar, you need a new shop.

take it in. if you don't know how to fix it yourself, get a pro to do it.
not taking ur guitar to a shop is REATARDED, like you could fix it yourself, it's a ****ing ELECTRIC GUITAR not just changing a light bulb
It doesn't sound like a major problem. And, in all seriousness, the staff of most typical guitar stores do not know how to properly take care of a nitro finish. Save yourself the worry, time and some money and fix it yourself.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by rockfan123
not taking ur guitar to a shop is REATARDED, like you could fix it yourself, it's a ****ing ELECTRIC GUITAR not just changing a light bulb

Goddamn... some new members...

Changing a light bulb is a lot easier than fixing a guitar, dude. Just throwing that out there.

You get bonus points for misspelling "RETARDED" as well. That just adds a special "touch" to this post.