So I went to a guitar center today. I found myself playing through a used Eden WT400 through a GK 115. I found myself liking it except the fact that the Master volume and Enhance controls were scratchy. What are the ways to fix scratchiness in the pots? Also is $450 USD a good deal for an WT400?
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
fixing a scratchy pot is easy. sometimes just turning the pot wiper back and forth lots of times will dislodge the corrosion but the best way to quiet a noisy pot is go to an electronics parts shop and buy a GOOD electronic contact cleaner and spray a little into the pot, rotate the control back and forth and thats it. you will have a nice quiet lubed up pot.
Quote by groundwire
fixing a scratchy pot is easy. sometimes just turning the pot wiper back and forth lots of times will dislodge the corrosion but the best way to quiet a noisy pot is go to an electronics parts shop and buy a GOOD electronic contact cleaner and spray a little into the pot, rotate the control back and forth and thats it. you will have a nice quiet lubed up pot.

This, or simply just replace it with a higher quality pot that wont end up scratchy.
even the highest quality sealed pots will get scratchy if they just sit and dont get turned. but yes, replacing the pot with a better one is an easy option as well.