i did a quick search (as well as googled the hell out of this topic for the last couple days) and didn't find much info that helped me a great deal. well, tons of info but that told me specifically what to do..

I bought the pedal when i very first started playing guitar (~9 years ago) and used it for maybe a couple months and i haven't touched it since. i would like to convert it to a volume pedal (or maybe something else if it isn't too much more difficult). i'm not very experienced with doing this type of stuff and i've seen numerous threads about doing this with other wahs but nothing about this one specifically.

can someone point me in the right direction? i read somewhere that it's as simple as disconnecting one cap...
schematic:
(Invalid img)

i can also take a picture of the inside of the pedal if it would help.

if not, are there any other simple/fun/useful mods i could do to it instead? i'm leaning towards a volume pedal, but i think it'd be cool to use it as a feedback pedal if possible. i've had my eye on this for a while so if i could build something similar that would be aswesome: boss feedbacker

i also wouldn't mind scrapping all of the guts and building something else in there if it isn't super difficult or expensive. i'm open to all ideas. wah just isn't my thing and i'd like to get some use out of this thing and maybe learn something in the process.
Last edited by TonyRandall at Mar 17, 2012,
It depends on if you want an active or passive volume pedal. For an active one you would have to make some kind of amplifier circuit, but for passive it would be reaaaaaally easy. I can draw you a wiring diagram for a passive one if you like. It's probably the simplest circuit ever.
Quote by &baconstrips
I can draw you a wiring diagram for a passive one if you like.

i would love that.

what are the benefits of active over passive?
would it be worth the extra trouble to do?
A passive one can only decrease your volume. It's essentially like controlling the volume knob on your guitar with your foot. An active one can also boost your volume, you would also be able to incorporate a buffer circuit and a light if you want.

I just googled the wah and apparently its optical control. I've never dealt with one, and I don't even know how they work (although I'm guessing its a photoresistor and some other gimmickry). Maybe trade it for a broken crybaby (which would be easier to mod), or a proper volume pedal haha.

Sorry, I thought I could do it but I didn't realize it was optical. Maybe somebody else can help you out.
Quote by &baconstrips

Sorry, I thought I could do it but I didn't realize it was optical. Maybe somebody else can help you out.

haha, no problem.

this pedal has proven to be even more worthless. hahaha
maybe i'll just put it on ebay to fund a volume pedal. i think i'll need an active pedal anyways.

thanks for your help.