Hello. I'm new to this forum. I need help, I was trying to restring my guitar, but as I was pulling the pin out of the guitar, the top round part of it fell off but the base stayed in and I has no clue how to get it out. I can't take it to any guitar place because I would get in trouble because I was not supposed to be using it.
Thanks you.

Sorry for my english I am russian.
Well, why were you restringing a guitar you weren't even supposed to be using? Sorry to sound mean, but that was kind of, umm, not smart.
either use tweezers or try superglueing the tip back on and then pull it out. Why were u restringing a guitar that you werent suppose to be using?
"It turns out you can just buy phycological validation"-Nathan Explosion

dont care why. you should be able to push the rest up thru the soundhole. just stick your hand in and use a flat surface( i used a quarter once) to push it up thru. if that doesnt work, you'll have to man up and bring it to t shop... if there are any open on a sunday in your area. so much for takin' suzy out with your allowance this month.
Quote by stepchildusmc
dont care why. you should be able to push the rest up thru the soundhole. just stick your hand in and use a flat surface( i used a quarter once) to push it up thru. if that doesnt work, you'll have to man up and bring it to t shop... if there are any open on a sunday in your area. so much for takin' suzy out with your allowance this month.

This +1
listen to stepchildusmc. if you can't do this easily, you may damage the guitar trying to fix the situation. you'd be wiser to have a taylor-authorized tech take care of the problem for you.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by DeadRed
either use tweezers or try superglueing the tip back on and then pull it out. Why were u restringing a guitar that you werent suppose to be using?
You actually need your "flame shields at maximum" if you're going to post crap advice like this.

It wouldn't take but a fraction of a drop of CyA to glue the broken pin stub to the bridge itself. Please, if you think this is a good idea, do it to your own guitar.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 17, 2012,
were you able to remove the broken pin? if i found my son did that to my taylor, i'd put him up for adoption.
Quote by stepchildusmc
were you able to remove the broken pin? if i found my son did that to my taylor, i'd put him up for adoption.
I wonder if they have "safe haven" laws in Russia? Dad could eliminate the middle man and just leave him on the church steps.....
This happened to me once, I didnt know wtf to do. So, a friend of mine took a knife and widdled it out with some plyers. Really SMALL plyers. It took some time, but he got it out.
Just my two cents.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"