Hello again all. I recently played on a couple of the Dean Dave Mustaine signature models and loved the D profile neck on them. Probably the most comfortable fit in my hand I've had, and majorly reduced fatigue during extended jamming. Are there any other good axes you guys know of with a similar neck profile?
Ibanez, ESP, and Jackson all have D profiles.

The Jackson neck is probably going to be close to that Dean because Dave modeled those guitars after his Jackson.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Theres cool 50's reissue tele that has a great neck but might not suit your style. Check out warmoth.com you can get a custom neck built.
Last edited by AlanD at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by stonyman65
Ibanez, ESP, and Jackson all have D profiles.

The Jackson neck is probably going to be close to that Dean because Dave modeled those guitars after his Jackson.

Maybe it's just me, but the Ibanez seem a little thinner than the Deans I've played on. I'll probably look into some of the ESPs on top of the Deans. Not a big fan of most of the Jackson bodies (The warrior and kelly models being an exception) as the King V seems a little naked compared to the Dean VMNTs. I kinda like what Dean did with the plating around the string-thru part of the body.
Quote by AlanD
Theres cool 50's reissue tele that has a great neck but might not suit your style. Check out warmoth.com you can get a custom neck built.

As long as I can toss humbuckers in it and it isn't painted what I like to call "pale exorcist vomit green", I can rock it.
One word. Eclipse.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I kinda like what Dean did with the plating around the string-thru part of the body.