Page 1 of 3
So pit, do you drin k excessively? Do you have a dtinkin problem? OR are you in a mutual relationship with alcohol? Is drinking a social thing with you? or a dependent?

Or do you not drink at all? Do you feel addicted to some 'drug' that helps you get thro thhe week/month/year?? Or do you disregard drugs and alcohol entirelyhz?

Personally I feel that I drink often because it is a relief to the daily mondane life, and it helps me cope with shit. It's also a good social tool/.

I dont think this belongs in the drug thread becasue i want this to be a pit wide discussion and this is more geared towards addiction and the such
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
A beer after a shithouse day is the only cure.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I don't drink very much. It doesn't do anything for me except make me depressed and misanthropic.

I will say though i smoka tha ganja a lot. Too much maybe.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
I don't drink very much. It doesn't do anything for me except make me depressed and misanthropic.

I will say though i smoka tha ganja a lot. Too much maybe.

Is it because you're bored with 'normal' life or a normal day and you wanna get away from it?

Or just because you enjoy being high

@Zero, yes a couple beers make a shitty day beautiful for me

INB4 TS os druink. because he is
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by angusfan16

I'm the opposite, in that depressed & misanthropic is my natural state but alcohol makes me happy & sociable.

Crazy, right?
I get drunk on pride in my achievements. I get high on hard-working values.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You're drunk right now, aren't you?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I drink on occasion.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by vicarious46
Is it because you're bored with 'normal' life or a normal day and you wanna get away from it?

Or just because you enjoy being high

Use to be both of those things. I find that it helps me with depression and allows me to relax more easily and sleep better. All of those things are good, but i shouldn't have to constantly rely on marijuana to get those things. That's the bad part. I feel like if i stopped i wouldnt be able to get any of those things, so that's why i do it quite often. Almost everyday to be exact.

edit: I guess what i'm saying is that most of the time i don't do it because i enjoy it, i do it because i feel like i have to do it.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Mar 18, 2012,
Quote by devourke
I like you and I don't remember why but I'm going to share an underground video with you that is the greatest thing I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbp4_T9h8Yo

EDIT: Also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDqiC1lXI6c&feature=youtu.be

\

That video is smashing, and your threads have the funniest OPs, so im pretty sure we've had some bro moments

O had to watch that like 4 times before i realized my speakers were off

@Angus: I kinda feel the same towards drinking, it gets me through the week a lot. I don't smoke, but by the endd of the week ive had with the entirety of bullshit I've been through and to keep my spirits high i go out and drink. I think smoking would relieve a lot of my stress thou, idk

EDIT: I've definitely drank alone a few times, not on school nights though
But nortmally I try and stay away from the pit cause i cant really make threads or respomnd well
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Last edited by vicarious46 at Mar 18, 2012,
I only started drinking a few months ago. I'm a social drinker and I'd like to keep it that way.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I would only drink when I'm with friends or at a party. Drinking alone is just depressing.

EDIT: Oh and TS, don't take up smoking. It's disgusting, wouldn't relieve you and if you don't start, you don't have to stop.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Mar 18, 2012,
Quote by King Donkey
I would only drink when I'm with friends or at a party. Drinking alone is just depressing.

EDIT: Oh and TS, don't take up smoking. It's disgusting, wouldn't relieve you and if you don't start, you don't have to stop.

This is a good point.

I remember when I had freshman iorentation, that one of the advisors stressed the point that we have to find something that we can do by ourselves that makes us happy

And she was right, i just needa find a way to kill the time and make a habit that i thorougly enjoy that isnt the least bit destructivoe

fukklmyspelling
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
I love to get drunk and play guitar and sing with all my friends. Sometimes I can't restrain myself though. This one time, my friend found me half naked in the bathroom, lying in my own vomit. I kept saying "I HAVE A HUGE BONER" and "I WILL LOSE MY VIRGINITY TO A REALLY PRETTY GIRL."

I hate parties, but it's fun to get messed up with your closest friends.
The majority of my life is very hard work with college (I'm a genetics major) or hard work at a restaurant (I'm also a cook) or hard work at home (parents are very ill), so drinking or smoking Cannabis is a great way to get my mind off of it; to mentally recharge the batteries. Sometimes with so much going on, it can be difficult to take your mind off of the stressors. With a few beers, though, or a few bowls, one can just relax.

I think it's a deeper issue, and not knowing how hard it may be for this generation to relax than say, our grandparents. Our lives may not be as difficult, but I think our brain receives a lot of what happens as stressors, keeping most of us on edge more often than our species needs to be, causing this inbalance, and in turn, the need for a drug as a catalyst going from a stressed state to a relaxed one.

Just a thought.
well... seeing as im drunk right now lets talk! I just got home from a party in the woods, i split a case of miller high life and a fifth of vodka with my friend and i still can function properly. Maybe my tolerance is high or maybe i drink too much either way it takes more alcohol to actually get me fudged up. I also noticed whiskey gets me over the egde where i get suicidal and have a whiny cry fits so i don't party with jack anymore. Also on a side note Master of Reality is a kick ass album \m/
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos
The majority of my life is very hard work with college (I'm a genetics major) or hard work at a restaurant (I'm also a cook) or hard work at home (parents are very ill), so drinking or smoking Cannabis is a great way to get my mind off of it; to mentally recharge the batteries. Sometimes with so much going on, it can be difficult to take your mind off of the stressors. With a few beers, though, or a few bowls, one can just relax.

I think it's a deeper issue, and not knowing how hard it may be for this generation to relax than say, our grandparents. Our lives may not be as difficult, but I think our brain receives a lot of what happens as stressors, keeping most of us on edge more often than our species needs to be, causing this inbalance, and in turn, the need for a drug as a catalyst going from a stressed state to a relaxed one.

Just a thought.

I agree with you on that. I think this generation definitely pushes a lot more on itself, along with everything that society pushes on it.
^^ Nice I just finished chilling at my old highschool friend's house drinking and playing poker outside. It's the best thing in the world to get drunk with your old friends after being away from home for so long.
Used to drink every so often, and right about the time it started being 3+ times a week it gradually transitioned to marijuana usage. I avoid drinking whenever possible, but if I'm getting messed up and that's all that's there, yeah I will. Most of the time I drink now I get very angry, marijuana doesn't do that to me and at least gives me an excuse for being clumsy and slow in conversation sometimes.

Also, I've smoked weed and written an essay before, and somehow it was extremely entertaining and interesting. I can't do that with alcohol, sorry.
Last edited by Dregen at Mar 18, 2012,
I think I'm someone who would have a few drinks every night if I had the money. There's nothing I don't like about the effects of alcohol, and it allows me to just stop thinking so much. Having said that, however, I don't like getting drunk. Tipsy is good, but drunk, imo, pushes it into the realm of not being fun anymore. I know I need to be careful as I get older, though. Whenever I have money, I almost always end up buying alcohol and I know I could develop an addiction very easily, as alcoholism runs in my family.

EDIT: I smoked weed for a very short period of time. It was great to begin with, but after a while, just started making me anxious and I really didn't find myself enjoying it. Haven't had any in quite a while.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Mar 18, 2012,
Vicariously I drink while the whole world dies.

But yeah I used to drink every weekend/every time we went out, then stopped pretty much immediately when I started smoking weed about 2 years-ish ago.. but I also stopped getting with girls on nights out round about that point. Being high + trying to get with a girl at a Place = unsuccess. And I'm a much better drunk anyway, I'm always happy as F*CK. I should start drinking again I think.
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Mar 18, 2012,
I'm a binge drinker. Well, I quit temporarily (for my weight lifting, not some life changing epiphany). Gonna have a huge cabin party in August though where I'll probably get ****ed up on anything with alcohol in it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Define excessive. I wouldn't consider myself an excessive drinker at all since it's usually either social or a drink or two with a meal, but I still want to know what qualifies excessive.

Quote by King Donkey

You clearly have never had a mojito while sitting outside on a hot summer day. Even if you are alone, there is nothing depressing about that.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
I drink once a week, sometimes twice a week. It's senior year and there's tons of parties.

Sometimes when i'm drunk and in a bad mood or just plain depressed, it doesn't really help. It keeps me up all night, like i'm half-asleep and half-awake in my thoughts.
i drink almost every night...

mutha****a
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I don't drink a massive amount anymore. When I do though you'd better watch out, I'll annoy the Hell outta you
why is all the rum gone?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Usually when I drink I have only 1 or 2, rarely ever get drunk. Been drinking occasionally for over 2 years, but only been drunk twice from memory. I feel responsible haha.

I'm sure that's about to change now though, being at uni and all...
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
I drink heavily maybe 3 days a month. Otherwise never at all. Never really seen the point in drinking a small amount. I'm not pretentious enough to pretend that I enjoy the taste...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
2 shots of vodka to keep my confidence up. Refraining from drinking comes easy to me though. I only drink when I think I need to.

GRAY RAINBOW

About 6 months ago, I was getting smashed every other day because I was just feeling shitty for a month or so. But now, I hardly drink, although I will have a few drinks if I do have a bad day or whatever.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Page 1 of 3